- This event has passed.
Radiance Spring Yoga Immersion with Jenna Mcdonald
March 24| $1,650
Join an intimate group training a Spring 2023 immersion in Yoga Asana, Lifestyle and Philosophy with Jenna Mcdonald.
This course is structured into 2 modules which can be taken independently for deep-dive learning or combined for those who wish to teach.
- Foundations of Vinyasa: Ashtanga inspired sequencing and postures, plus many supporting and creative postures to assist students’ comprehension of anatomical principles and alignments. Strength, Stamina and Flexibility training. Ayurveda 101, including basic cleansing and daily purifications/detoxification rituals. Breath-led asana is our focus, as well as learning to move in holistic, and meaningful ways.
- Postural Genius: 2-hour Master Classes exploring postures, breath and philosophy in the body for integration and depth. The longer classes allow for learning within the context of movement, helping to build greater strength and mobility (not to mention the time to slow down & heal from an efficiency mindset).
- Living Tensegrity: Anatomy, Physiology and Yin Yoga taught through the lens of living organisms. Applying functional anatomy to the fascial body and nervous system in lectures, hands-on experiments and self-practice.
- Intro to Vedanta: Lineage-based Vedantic teachings to support mental and emotional clarity. Bhagavad Gita ch. 5 on Karma Yoga and Yoga Sutras as supports in living both a yogic and modern family life. Some Ayurvedic Life Sciences are included here to support and prepare the student to hear and receive the teachings of non-duality and dependent co-arising.
- Transformative Sequencing: Jenna unlocks her system for creating purposeful, potent classes by linking postures, yogic themes and breathwork for a transformational experience for the student. Students explore methods for holding space, trauma sensitivity and decolonization/inclusivity in yoga while tackling the arch (or alternatively waves of a class) through postures and breath.
- Breath Intelligence: Engage in immersive or “stacked” facilitated breathwork sessions and how to further apply “reading the breath” in your own body and in students. Once ‘full and balanced’ breath patterns are established and recognized by students – breath anatomy and traditional pranayama are taught, so as to create more ease and less tension throughout the body.
- Technical Potency: Who doesn’t like a good challenge? This segment is all about changing perspectives and meeting fears through the actual shapes and proper education of the Nervous System in asana. Practicing technical form is a pathway into awakening, cell by cell – moment by moment.
- Art of Teaching Yoga: We know not everyone who takes our Yoga Training will teach yoga for a living, but we still design the courses in a way that every student gets the purposeful opportunity to engage their voice, left & right brain through the act of practice teaching and the tools to effectively instruct should they ever need or want to. Lively “how-to” lectures and partnered/group work will elevate and bond students in a communal learning environment.
- 1 module: $1,650.00
- Full Training: $2,499.00
Module 1: March 24, 2023 – April 17, 2023 (4 weekends)
Module2: May 5th 2023 – May 21st 2023 (3 weekends)
About the instructor: Jenna Mcdonald
Jenna holds a 200 hr E-RYT with Yoga Alliance and has taught in the US and Abroad since 2010. She has a BA in Eastern Philosophy and Indigenous Education, but her true vedantic lineage comes through 4 + years of study at Arsha Vidya Gurukulam and independently with Teachers of the Swami Dayananda Saraswati Lineage. She has lived in Yoga Centers, Ashrams and Off-grid communities for the majority of her life – studying and applying a true yoga lifestyle. She has two spirited children Adi, 8 and Areya who is almost 3.
Her entry to asana came through a deep immersion in breathwork, meditation and shamanic healing arts. She now specializes in Breathwork, Yoga Teacher Trainings and a few weekly classes for devoted students on Bainbridge Island, Wa.
Jenna’s Classes are vigorous and oscillate between inspirational philosophy and alignment based Asana. As a modern mother, steeped in Ancient Traditions – she strives to offer both a challenging practice & an invitation to step into altered states of consciousness through sadhana (practice with the purpose of liberation).
Want to advertise a yoga event? Book it directly on our advertising page or Contact us with the details.