- This event has passed.
RADIANCE: Women Only 200 Hour YTT at Passion for Practice
Oct 20, 2017| $3,150
This fall, Passion for Practice is launching it’s newest YTT Program: RADIANCE: A Traditional Yoga Teacher Training for Modern Women.
This women only program focuses on passing on the LIVING WISDOM of yoga to give you the tools you need to teach/practice vibrantly, progressively and with confidence.
Passion for Practice is dedicated to bringing you the finest Art, Science and Tradition Yoga has to offer. The Parampara (teacher to student unbroken lineage) is something we are deeply devoted to and take quite seriously here at our Island Yoga Shala (school).
What you can expect from a 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training at Passion for Practice:
- All Star Team of Faculty with Skill Diversity and over 15 years of Dedicated Yoga Practice and/or Experience Leading Advanced Trainings.
- Lots of Functional Anatomy in Asana combined with Learning to Read Bodies Energetically.
- Joyful Community with a soft approach to Deep Inner Work.
- Yoga Philosophy straight from the Vedas, Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and Bhagavad Gita
- Strong Sequencing Practice for Varied Level Classes and Flow Creation
- Training in Voice, Cueing and Demonstration.
- Subtle body Anatomy and Experiential Learning.
- Pranayama and Meditation with Life Long Practitioners.
- 10 Hours of Yin Yoga Training.
- Sampling of Various Types of Yoga: Jivamukti, Ashtanga, Anusara, Yin, Kundalini, Forrest Yoga, etc. to help you assess your “Passion Point” in Yoga.
- Adjustments, Modifications and use of Touch in Yoga.
Schedule & Logistics:
This YTT Program launches Oct 20th, 2017 and runs until Feb 18th, 2018. In person trainings take place Friday, Saturday, and Sundays.
The program is broken into 3 core modules. The times for training during each period of the module run from:
Fri 5:30-8:30 pm, Sat 11:30-8:30 pm & Sun 11:30-4:30 pm
- Module 1: Weekends October 20 – December 3 – Radiance: Vinyasa Yoga Training (*No Class Nov. 24-26)
- Module 2: Weekends December 4 – January 18 – Radiance: Power of Daily Sadhana
- Module 3: Weekends January 19 – February 18 – Radiance: Art of Teaching Your Passion
- Early Bird: $2,950 by Sept. 10th!
- Wild and Free Early Bird: $2,850 by Aug. 30th!
About the Instructors:
Jenna McDonald, 200 hr E-RYT ASANA, ART OF TEACHING & PHILOSOPHY
Jenna brings a combination of rich Asana based teachings and a background in Vedanta and Sanskrit together for a unique lineage based approach to modern yoga. She teaches and is trained in Vinyasa Yoga, Yin Yoga and Various Forms of Pranayama & Meditation with over 1,000 hrs of combined teacher trainings. She is the lead instructor and director of the 2017 Yoga Teacher Training. It has always been her vision to bring the spiritual richness of global yoga to Bainbridge Island and with this incredible faculty she is happy to announce that dream manifest! She holds a BA in Eastern Philosophy and Decolonization from Evergreen State College. 3 words to Describe Jenna’s Teaching: Technical. Devotional. Practical.
Abigail Clarke, 500 hr RYT ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY & BUSINESS OF YOGA
Abigail Rose is a Certified Embodyoga Teacher, and has completed more than 1000 hours studying with the founder of the school, Patty Townsend. She now teaches public classes, workshops, and teacher trainings in Mexico and the US. Embodyoga® is a way of approaching the art and science of yoga from the inside out, and is an invitation to fully explore and inhabit the body and mind with curiosity, awe, and deep self-acceptance. Abigail’s classes focus on understanding the relationship between the body and the earth, and the way this relationship provides the nourishing support necessary to reach out into the world and take our practice beyond the mat. She holds a degree in Psychology and Exercise Sciences from Smith College. 3 words to Describe Abigail’s Teaching: Inquisitive. Exploratory. Anatomical.
Kimberley Lafferty, MA in Human Development YOGA SUTRAS & ETHICS FOR YOGA TEACHERS
Kimberley is a researcher, storyteller, mother and wife. Kim holds degrees in: English Lit, Human Development and Eastern Psychology. She spent two decades as a student and teacher of Tibetan Buddhism, Himalayan yoga tantra and western integral theory. She founded and directed a non-profit adult education company that certifies hundreds of yoga teachers around the world. Kimberley spent over three cumulative years in solitary retreat, graduated from a twelve year advanced degree study program with the Asian Classics Institute, and eventually became one of the first American female lineage Lamas to teach Vajrayana Buddhism. Kimberley then completed her western education in human development to bring global balance to her education. She now follows a call that includes a child, a book, and a country island in the Pacific Northwest. 3 words to describe Kim’s Teaching: Truthful. Integral. Compassionate.
Sarah Kruse, Ayurvedic Practitioner and LMP SELF-CARE FOR YOGA TEACHERS AND AHIMSA LIFESTYLE
Sarah is the Owner and Director of Embrace Ayurveda in Seattle, Wa. As graduate of The Ayurvedic Institute of New Mexico where she mentored under Dr. Vasant Lad. She has traveled to and from India and Kaui’i for many years studying with various Ayurvedic Doctors and Practitioners to refine and LIVE her practice. We are happy to welcome her back for the 200 hr training. 3 words to Describe Sarah’s Teaching: Thoughtful. Nourishing. Traditional.
Want to advertise a yoga event? Book it directly on our advertising page or Contact us with the details.