- This event has passed.
Raja and Hatha Yoga Intensive in Seattle/Bothell
Sep 5, 2017| $475
At the Raja Yoga Intensive, you’ll learn how to meditate, and how to practice the yoga postures in the way they were originally intended: as a priceless aid to inner unfoldment. You’ll thrill to discover how the inspired wisdom of the Bhagavad Gita integrates with the a deeper understanding of the Judao-Christian heritage, and how the science of yoga comes to us through the timeless psycho-spiritual insights of the now famous Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (wherein is found the Eight-Fold Path known as Ashtanga Yoga).
The practical wisdom of Raja Yoga includes working with the subconscious mind to change habits and using breath work for release of tension and emotional blocks. The secrets of success — personal magnetism, right attitude, creativity, and energy — form an integral part of the yoga science. This course features the modern, now “classic” textbook by Swami Kriyananda, The Art and Science of Raja Yoga. There are no prerequisites. The course is open to all, whether new to these practices and concepts or wanting to deepen your practice and understanding and to be with others who share your interest.
Ready to enroll?
Download the registration form (Sep. 2017) and read the important pre-registration info. sheet (Sep. 2017), then email, mail, or bring your completed forms in. You can then pay for the course online, over the phone 425-806-3700 , or in person at either of the Raja locations (Ananda Meditation Temple, or East West Bookshop).
Locations and Dates, Fall 2017:
- East West Bookshop in Seattle: 12 Tuesdays: September 5 through November 21, + a Saturday workshop on October 28, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm in the Ananda Community in Lynnwood.
- Ananda Meditation Temple in Bothell: 12 Thursdays: September 7 through November 30 (no class on Nov 23) + a Saturday workshop on October 28, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm in the Ananda Community in Lynnwood.
Hatha Yoga segment (6 pm – 7:15 pm) includes: Yoga postures(asanas), pranayama, affirmations, healing, diet, and yoga routines.
Raja Yoga segment (7:30 pm – 9 pm) includes: Meditation practices using breath, mantra, pranayama, affirmation, chanting, visualization, and chakra exercises; philosophy of the Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali’s 8-Fold Path of Ashtanga Yoga; and the philosophy of Karma, Kundalini, astral and causal planes, cosmology, reincarnation, and much more.
- Tuition for the Raja Intensive is $475.00.
- If the yoga and meditation (“raja”) segments are taken separately, the cost is $200 for the yoga (6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.).
- $300 for the raja (meditation/philosophy) segment (7:30 to 9 p.m., 9 p.m.).
- Text is purchased separately. (Note: Course & text integrate yoga and meditation and most students take both segments.)
Prepay for the full course at least two weeks in advance of the first class and you will receive your text at the first class for free. $25 value.
Students taking the Intensive as their prerequisite, foundation course for teacher training have documentation fees of $20 (yoga) and $25 (meditaiton/raja), plus must already be enrolled in the Institute of Living Yoga ($50).
REGISTER ONLINE OR CALL 425-806-3700.
Want to advertise a yoga event? Book it directly on our advertising page or Contact us with the details.