- This event has passed.
Restorative Yoga Retreat with Christy Fisher
March 4 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm| $50
In the midst of life’s busy schedules, it can be challenging to carve out time just for you. How about giving yourself the gift of a deeply rejuvenating afternoon? In this retreat we will explore:
- gentle movement and restorative poses using bolsters, blankets, blocks and eye pillows to facilitate deep relaxation
- the power of the parasympathetic nervous system and profound health benefits of restorative poses
- gentle breath work to relieve stress and quiet the mind
- guided relaxation, personal reflection, and journaling to support deep clarity
Participants will also receive detailed handouts so that they can enjoy a personal home retreat! Light snacks and teas will be provided.
- Sunday, Mar. 4th, 2018
- 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- Early registration on or before Feb. 24th: $50
- Registration after Feb. 24th: $60
2.5 Continuing Education credits available for Yoga Alliance Certified Teachers.
Call 206-547-2172 or emailing email@example.com for more information.
About the Instructor: Christy Fisher
Christy is a 500-Hour certified Kripalu Yoga teacher; Certified Yoga Therapist with the International Association of Yoga Therapy (C-IAYT) and a practitioner of yoga for over 25 years. Christy also holds a long time interest in somatic awareness and has been fortunate to study with some of the most influential teachers in the field including Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, Martha Myers, Martha Eddy and Peggy Hackney along with receiving certification from the Laban/Bartenieff Institute of Movement Studies (NYC).
Christy enjoys teaching people of all ages and backgrounds, specializing in adapting practices to meet individual needs. Her approach is gentle yet deep and always includes an emphasis on acceptance and mindfulness. Along with directing Phinney Ridge Yoga, she has taught for the National MS Society Washington State Chapter, Cancer Lifeline, and the Washington State Traumatic Brain Injury Association.
Christy Fisher, Phinney Ridge Yoga, Restorative Yoga Retreat Seattle, Yoga Retreat Seattle, Yoga Seattle