- This event has passed.
Rising Strong with Lisa Black and Cynthia Benge
Feb 24, 2017| $295
Join Lisa Black and Cynthia Benge, MSW-LMHC for Rising Strong. This powerful weekend combines asana and the groundbreaking work of Dr. Brené Brown, world leading researcher on the power of courage and vulnerability.
We hold ourselves back because we fear not being enough. We let scarcity thinking drive our decisions instead of generosity. We speak more compassionately to others than ourselves. We try to please rather than speaking our truth, fearing we will be judged.
We are capable of doing so much more than we imagine. What if you could learn how to get past the fear, find your worth, and keep rising strong in the face of struggle? Learn to break free of those old patterns of negativity and fear!
Rising Strong™ Will Teach You:
- A process for rising after failure, disappointment, and loss so we can see that it is exactly in those places of struggle that we can rise strong.
- The physics of vulnerability – ten guidelines for rising after a fall
- The power of story in our lives and how stories drive our emotions, thoughts, and behaviors
- The major emotional offloading strategies and how they move us away from our values
- How and why emotional curiosity is the key to rising strong
- How to recognize and capture the stories we make up when faced with struggle
- What it means to rumble with emotions like shame, guilt, anxiety, blame, accountability, resentment, grief, forgiveness, and perfectionism.
- How to write our own daring endings to our tough stories
Rising Strong™ Weekend Schedule:
- 5:45–7:00 PM Yoga Class with Lisa Black
- 7:15-9:00 PM Rising Strong content with Cynthia Benge and Lisa Black
- 9:45–11:15 AM Yoga with Lisa Black
- 11:30-2:00 PM Rising Strong content with Cynthia Benge and Lisa Black
- 2:00-3:30 PM Lunch Break (optional lunch out with the group)
- 3:30-7:30 PM Rising Strong content with Cynthia Benge and Lisa Black
Location: Shakti Vinyasa Yoga, 2238 NW Market St, Seattle, WA 98107
About Cynthia Benge, MSW-LMHC
As a veteran therapist with over 25 years experience and a sought after workshop presenter, Cynthia is also a certified Daring Way and Rising Strong facilitator. She is committed to the work of helping people free themselves from the paralyzing affects of shame, fear, and the limiting beliefs that hold them back. A professional communicator with a genuine warmth and ability to make authentic connections, she creates a safe container for people to be vulnerable enough to explore their own truths and develop the skills to help them live into their dreams.Learn more about Cynthia on www.cynthiabenge.com