- This event has passed.
Safe Backbends Yoga Teacher Training Module
Mar 31, 2017| $335
Teaching ‘Back Bends’ a.k.a frontal openers
March 31th– April 2nd 2017
This module is designed for teachers who have already completed a 200-Hr yoga teacher training, and wish to accumulate 300 credits toward their 500-Hr certification. Or for the curious practitioner who simply wishes to deepen his or her knowledge of yoga.
This Backward Bending course will cover the following topics through lecture, discussion, and hands-on/verbal practice:
- 2.5-hour workshop that will provide tools and techniques on how to practice and teach backward bends safely and correctly
- Anatomy lecture and discussion with a physical therapist on muscular awareness and structural integrity in backward bends
- How to insert backward bends into a regular flow class in a way that is safe, energetically balanced, and accessible to your students
- How to construct a backward bending workshop that is appropriate for both beginner and advanced practitioners
- Study of the chakras that are energetically relevant to backward bends
- Teaching mindful awareness and inner peace through backward bending
- How to avoid the pitfalls of over-trying or attachment to asana
- Practice teaching backward bends
Price of this module: $335
This module is designed for teachers who have already completed a 200-Hr yoga teacher training, and wish to accumulate 300 credits toward their 500-Hr certification OR for the curious practitioner who simply wishes to deepen his or her knowledge of yoga.
To receive your 300-Hr diploma from Spira you must complete all 15 modules within 4 years and pass the final exam and presentation.
Family and Work Friendly Schedule for Weekend Modules:
Fridays, 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Saturdays, 11:30am – 4:00pm
Sundays, 11:30am – 3:30pm
Want to advertise a yoga event? Book it directly on our advertising page or Contact us with the details.