- This event has passed.
Samarya Yoga Teacher Training Retreat with Molly Lannon Kenny
Sep 29, 2017| $3,430
The Samarya Yoga Teacher Training is dedicated to creating a welcoming space where students of all levels can learn the basics of yoga, in order to practice, teach and work towards healing ourselves and our communities. Our mission is to foster individual transformation as a means to radical social change.
Learn to teach yoga safely and joyously to people of all ages and abilities, in a variety of settings, and at any level of intensity or experience. This 200 hour Yoga Alliance registered teacher training program is also the basis for our Integrated Movement Therapy training program, our 500 hour Advanced training, or to become a certified Samarya Yoga teacher. We are also a Washington State licensed vocational school.
When you think of becoming a yoga teacher, what is it that you imagine?
- Do you envision a deeper commitment your own personal and spiritual growth?
- Do you imagine being a teacher who practices radical inclusion and cares deeply about issues of social justice
- Have you considered the idea of yoga as therapy and that you yourself might be able to offer a therapeutic benefit within your teaching?
- Do you believe that learning and teaching yoga within an historical and cultural context is important?
When you think of your teacher training, what do you envision?
- Do you imagine teachers with decades of experience?
- Do you see your training as an opportunity for your own personal growth?
- Do you value connecting with a large, committed community of folks sharing similar values and vision?
- Do you imagine a diverse cohort with representatives from many walks of life?
- Do you want to be surrounded by people dedicated to contemplative practices, who have seen the ups and downs of life and who bring their maturity to the training?
If you said yes to any one of these questions, then the Samarya Yoga Teacher Training is for you. We have been training contemplative teachers with a humanistic viewpoint for close to two decades in over 25 teacher trainings and more than 300 graduates. Yoga Teacher Training is a serious and noble pursuit. Why not choose to take yours with people whose experience, knowledge base, track record and commitment you trust and respect?
The Samarya Yoga Teacher Training offers Diversity Scholarships, work-trades, fellowship opportunities and three day (non-200 hour) options for graduates and dedicated students of the Samarya community to join us in fellowship and retreat. Check out our website for complete information.
Schedule: Sept 29 – Oct 13, 2017
- All genders dorm (only five spots available per retreat): $3,430 early registration, $3,680 regular registration
- Double: $3,780 early registration, $4,030 regular registration
- Single: $4,130 regular registration, $4,380 regular registration
- Training costs include accommodations, all meals and tuition.
- Please note: you must pay IN FULL by early registration deadline, which is always two months prior to the training, in order to receive early registration rates. No exceptions.
Please Note: Single and double rooms have their own sinks and share a bathroom with approximately 3-5 people. The all genders dorm room accommodates up to 5 and has one bathroom. This training is intensive and has very little free time. Keep this in mind when choosing accommodations, especially if you are someone who needs space.
Early registration discount period ends July 29, 2017. Please note: you must pay IN FULL by early registration deadline in order to receive early registration rates. No exceptions.
Call-in Info Sessions with Molly – All calls will be on Monday mornings, 8 am – 9 am PST
- May 29, 2017
- June 19, 2017
- July 17, 2017
- August 15, 2017
- Sept 11, 2017
Please go to this document to sign up for a call-in session. Note any specific questions and concerns you would like to address.
About the teacher: Molly Lannon Kenny
Molly Lannon Kenny has been on the path to fulfilling her dharma since her earliest memories. As a child, her parents would frequently take her and her brothers and sisters to the bookstore and let them wander for hours, lost in the magic of words and pictures. Molly often found herself sitting cross legged, flipping through BKS Iyengar’s Light on Yoga, intrigued and entranced by the photos and the mystery behind them. As a child, she was both physical and flexible, and often heard “you should do yoga!” from the adults around her, although it had very little meaning to her, but in fact, was most likely what sent her to the Yoga section of the bookstore in the seventies, long before Yoga was so widely accepted and practiced in the United States.
Life brought her many opportunities to share her fire and to realize her dream, but it was only when she discovered Yoga as a practice, rather than an odd set of circus tricks, did her specific path become clear to her. Molly has been teaching Yoga to all levels of practitioners for over ten years, and has worked tirelessly to create outreach programs to people who would otherwise not have the opportunity to experience joy and contentment through the timeless teachings of Yoga.
In 2001, she founded The Samarya Center for Humankind (ness), a 501 c 3 non-profit organization dedicated to individual transformation and radical social change. She created, published and trademarked a unique therapy method, Integrated Movement Therapy, built on these same principles of acceptance and inclusion. She has written and taught extensively on the topics of Yoga as Therapy and Yoga as a means to individual and social change, and is widely known as a vibrant, funny, accessible teacher, with a heart of gold and a spirit of fire.
Grunewald Guild, Leavenworth Yoga Retreat, Molly Lannon Kenny, Samarya Yoga, Yoga Retreat 2017, Yoga Teacher Training