- This event has passed.
Sanskrit, Sutra & Ayurveda with Nicolai Bachman at 8 Limbs Phinney Ridge
Jan 22, 2016
Join scholar Nicolai Bachman to investigate the philosophy, lifestyle practices and language of Yoga & Ayurveda. Nicolai will offer five workshops that may be taken individually or as a full weekend:
Friday, January 22
- 1:30-4:30pm – Sanskrit Basics for Yogis – Fundamentals of Pronunciation
- 6:15-8:15pm – Introduction to Yoga Sutras
Saturday, January 23
- 12:15-3:15pm – The Gunas: Sattva, Rajas, and Tamas – Samkhya Principles that Underlie Yoga
- 3:45-5:45 – Chanting & Relax, Receive & Restore
Sunday, January 24
- 12:30-3:00pm Yoga and Ayurveda Parallels – Integrating Two Powerful Healing Sciences
Visit our event link for complete descriptions.
- Individual classes $45-70, full weekend discount $225 through January 18, $260 after.
Nicolai Bachman has been teaching Sanskrit, chanting, Yoga philosophy and Ayurveda since 1994. He has a knack for synthesizing and organizing complex topics into simple and understandable presentations. His education combines informal, traditional study with the academic rigor of university classes. He has studied extensively at the American Sanskrit Institute, the Ayurvedic Institute, the American Institute of Vedic Studies and the Vedic Chant Center. He holds an M.A. in Eastern Philosophy, an M.S. in Nutrition, and is eRYT500 certified.
8 Limbs Yoga Phinney Ridge, Ayurveda, Nicolai Bachman, Sanskrit, Seattle Yoga Workshops, Sutra