- This event has passed.
Understanding and Pronouncing Sanskrit Weekend Workshop
Jun 3, 2016| $335
Understanding and Pronouncing Sanskrit – June 3rd-5th 2016
This course will cover the following topics through lecture, discussion, and hands-on/verbal practice:
- Concise history of the Sanskrit language
- Basic Sanskrit grammar and guide to pronunciation
- Correct pronunciation of the most common asana names
- The hidden meanings and myths behind some asana names
- Sanskrit terminology relevant to the practice and teaching of yoga
- Classical Surya Namaskar with Mantra recitation
- Study of the 9 obstacles to yoga from the perspective of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (and the meanings of the obstacle names in Sanskrit), and how to avoid them while practicing and teaching yoga
Price of this module: $335
This module is designed for teachers who have already completed a 200-Hr yoga teacher training, and wish to accumulate 300-Hr credits toward their 500-Hr certification. Or for the curious practitioner who simply wishes to deepen his or her knowledge of yoga.
To receive your 300-Hr diploma from Spira you must complete all 15 modules within 4 years and pass the final exam and presentation.
Family and Work Friendly Schedule for Weekend Modules:
Fridays, 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Saturdays, 11:30am – 4:00pm
Sundays, 11:30am – 3:30pm
Want to advertise a yoga event? Book it directly on our advertising page or Contact us with the details.