- This event has passed.
Sanskrit: Using Sacred Sound to Add Richness & Dimension to Your Teaching
Nov 10, 2017| $295
This training module is designed for yoga teachers, recent YTT graduates and serious students who want to develop confidence in Sanskrit reading and chanting. We’ll focus on four specific areas of interest to yoga teachers: Sanskrit basics, including learning to recognize Sanskrit devanāgarī, as well as transliterated text; the aphorisms of the Yoga Sūtras; the verses of the Bhagavad Gītā; and the devotional mantras of the Upaniṣads.
The weekend will consist primarily of call-and-response chanting in order to develop a feel for the rhythms and cadences of Sanskrit chanting.
- Enhance their proficiency and poise in Sanskrit chanting
- Gain valuable insights into how Sanskrit presents the teachings of yoga
- Learn how to reference Sanskrit directly as a means to illuminate the teachings for your students.
- Explore the practice of Nāda Yoga, the yoga of sound and vibration
- Begin to cultivate a sonic practice to harmonize body, mind and heart
If you want to make Sanskrit chanting a regular feature of your classes and workshops, as well as a regular part of your own spiritual practice, this workshop is for you. No prior experience necessary. All are welcome.
- Friday, November 10, 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Saturday, November 11, 1:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Sunday, November 12, 11:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- $295 (early bird pricing through Nov 5)
- $325 (full price Nov 6 & after)
About the Teacher: Claudette Evans
Claudette has a genuine passion for meeting students where they are, helping guide them toward an experience of greater strength and freedom, while allowing them to discover the wisdom that lies within their own bodies. You’ll find Claudette’s classes infused with her warm, integrative, and creative spirit. Her enthusiasm and curiosity are catching, and it’s clear that her teaching draws on her own love of physicality and mental engagement. Through a deft weaving of precise alignment, thoughtful insight, and a great sense of humor, Claudette’s classes create space for self-expression, clarity of focus, and the sheer joy of movement.
Claudette, E-RYT 500, has been practicing yoga for more than 15 years, and has taught yoga to children and adults for nearly 6 years. She has been influenced by many teachers, but credits her bold style with her foundational and advanced trainings with Catherine Munro at YogaWorks, as well as her studies of the Universal Principles of Alignment with her beloved teachers, Denise Benitez and Elizabeth Rainey.