- This event has passed.
Spring 200 hr Purna Yoga Teacher Training
Mar 2, 2018| $4,800
Becoming a yoga teacher is a big investment, so be sure to invest in courses taught by experts, not just yoga teachers. Aadil has been studying yoga for over 40 years; he studied with BKS Iyengar since the age of 7, was teaching by age 15, traveling internationally at 18, and has degrees in mathematics, physics and law. He has been training teachers for over 30 years. Savitri developed her own meditation techniques, healed herself from serious illnesses and multiple life tragedies and has been teaching for over 25 years. Together they partner with their most senior teacher-trainers, trained by them personally, to share a spectacular life-changing experience.
Aadil Palkhivala and Savitri are personally involved in this course.
Purna Yoga College is an elite yoga school offering 200 hour, 500 hour, 2,000 hour, and 4,000 hour yoga teacher trainings. In Sanskrit purnameans complete and yoga means unity. Our college provides a complete unifying approach to the integrity of yoga, including asana, nutrition and anatomy as well as Savitri’s Heartfull Meditation™, lifestyle and heart-based philosophy.
Aadil and Savitri founded Purna Yoga College with one initial purpose: to create the best-trained yoga teachers anywhere. They spent a lifetime putting together a complete system that lets you truly live yoga, so you can bring out your inner intuition and wisdom.
Purna Yoga College’s 200 Hour Teacher Training helps you elevate your yoga practice to the next level – whether you want to teach yoga or not. No other training brings together all the aspects of yoga.
In the 200 hour, you will:
- Build strength and flexibility, and heal injuries. Harness the detail and elegance of the physical practice of asana and create amazing results in your own body.
- Find peace and joy in all life’s experiences. Explore the natural energetics of the body, mind and spirit to create a calm mind amidst the whirlwind of life.
- Gain powerful insights you can use in daily life. Ancient yogic philosophy is astonishingly relevant even in our modern world!
- Cultivate energy and vibrant health. Discover the surprising link between yoga and nutrition.
- Eliminate what is holding you back. Create a lifestyle that supports your practice and your growth.
Our holistic curriculum has two main components:
1. The technical knowledge on how to teach yoga (asana) that is safe, alignment based, effective, transformational, and accessible to all body types, through advanced anatomy education. Uniquely learn:
- Alignment-based asana including actions, alignment, contraindications, prop use, and more
- Specific series and flow sequences
- Heartfull Meditation™ and Lifestyle
- Fundamentals of teaching, including speech, class control, safety, and more
- Study of subtle energies of the body
- Detailed anatomy
- Ancient yogic philosophy
- The power of love
2. The lifestyle that supports your purpose. Purna Yoga shares that our purpose is to be truly alive and to shine. Therefore, we don’t just teach you how to teach yoga, you learn to live it. We teach Heartfull life techniques with ways to build the lifestyle that helps you open your heart and live your purpose.
Purna Yoga College provides in-depth, detailed instruction, from a dedicated lineage, with proven results. Our graduates are known for their integrity, expertise, professionalism, attention to safety and genuine care.
Emerge from the 200 hour with:
- The confidence and knowledge to teach a variety of safe, inspirational yoga classes.
- A new-found love for your practice and appreciation for the many gifts it offers.
- The aspiration to connect to your highest wisdom so you can feel and be more alive.
- An over 300 page manual by Aadil Palkhivala and Savitri – a resource to serve you for a lifetime!
Even if you don’t think you want to be a yoga teacher, we invite you to discover the difference between yoga of the mind, and the Purna Yoga approach to yoga from the heart.
- Weekends, March 2 – May 27, 2018
March 30-April 1
Fridays 4:30-8:30 pm
Saturdays 11:30 am-8:30 pm
Sundays 9:00 am-6:00 pm
- $3,995 – Priority Registration (Enroll by January 20, 2018) – SAVE $800
- $4,800 – Regular Registration
- Payment Plans available
How to Enroll:
We will email you a link to download the application and will contact you within a few days to confirm your enrollment.
About the Instructors:
Marchella is a Certified Purna Yoga Instructor at the 2,000 hour level and is a graduate of the College of Purna Yoga. She has been a student of yoga since 2001 and has been teaching since 2007.
Marchella has an expertise in teaching kid’s yoga classes for all ages (toddler-teenagers). She also has experience working with children with autism or high stress/anxiety. She is a faculty member of the College of Purna Yoga and is currently teaching the 200 hour program. Marchella is also a certified massage therapist and is fluent in Japanese and French.
Some of her hobbies include piano playing and traveling around the world. “I like music because it is very similar to the feeling of being in meditation: filled with love and light! And I have always enjoyed traveling to new places to see and experience new perspectives on life and the way in which people live.
Aadil Palkhivala was voted Best Yoga Teacher of Year for 2016. With degrees in law, physics and mathematics, he is one of the world’s top yoga teachers and, for over 35 years, has had the reputation as the “teacher of teachers,” since the world’s finest teachers study with him. His passion is to create health, wealth and happiness in the lives of his students who truly embrace Purna Yoga’s teachings and lifestyle. He began his studies with B.K.S. Iyengar at the age of 7, and was the youngest person to be awarded the Advanced Yoga Teacher’s Certificate from Iyengar at the age of 22. Aadil is the founder and director of internationally-renowned Alive and Shine CenterÔ in Bellevue, Washington and Purna Yoga College, a 200-hour, 500-hour 2,000-hour, and 4,000+hour Teacher Training program.
Angelica Rose: Angelica is a Certified Purna Yoga Instructor at the 2,000 hour level and an IAYT certified Yoga therapist. She has been a student of yoga since 2003 and has been teaching since 2005.
She is a former Microsoft employee so she understands the stress of corporate careers. Through Purna YogaTM and HeartfullTM Meditation she was able to bring back vitality and health in her life after working through various health issues. This led her to leave her job at Microsoft to become an instructor so she could share the benefits of yoga and meditation with others.
She taught the first several 200 teacher trainings and after her maternity leave, she is now back assisting in the 200 hr teacher training and teaching several ongoing classes.
Erin Honeycutt: Erin is a Certified Purna Yoga Instructor at the 2,000 hour level. He has attended the College of Purna Yoga for his 200 hour, 500 hour and 2,000 hour teacher training courses. He also assists in the 200 hour teacher training program.
He is a senior software developer at Microsoft and understands the stresses of corporate life. Through Purna YogaTM and HeartfullTM Meditation he has learned to mitigate much of the stress and create a more balanced lifestyle.
He enjoys writing and even has a published book of short stories called Allegory. He also likes to play bass guitar. He loves to spend time with his wife, Angelica, who is also a favorite instructor at Alive & Shine Center and play with his daughter, Aurelia.
Purna Yoga College is a yoga, meditation, and lifestyle educational college for professional yoga teachers. Founded by Aadil Palkhivala and Savitri, experts in the yoga field from an authentic Indian lineage.www.PurnaYoga.com“Purna” means “complete,” or "whole", and "yoga" means "union" in Sanskrit. Purna Yoga is a complete yoga containing all the elements of genuine yoga, including rare safety and alignment based asana with therapeutic applications. Purna yoga is considered an evolutionary yoga style with the goal to evolve the human being to live from the soul in every cell and create an egoless form. Purna Yoga distills and integrates the vast aspects of yoga into an invaluable set of tools for transformation and healing. We offer more than just exercise, because you are more than just a body.Learn More: www.PurnaYoga.com email@example.com Purna Yoga founded by Aadil Palkhivala and SavitriHeartfull Meditation & Lifestyle created by Savitri Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/bP0gkfY3z_AVideography & Editing by Zenia
Posted by Purna Yoga ॐ on Thursday, February 9, 2017
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, Aadil Palkhivala, Alive and Shine Center, Marchella, Purna Yoga College, Purna Yoga Teacher Training, Savitri, Spring Yoga Teacher Training, Yoga Teacher Training