- This event has passed.
Teacher Assisting Program with Lisa Black at Shakti Vinyasa Yoga
Nov 4, 2016| $450
THE ART OF HANDS ON ASSISTING WITH LISA BLACK
Empower your students and enhance your teaching! Learn the skills and techniques to provide powerful, corrective, and deepening full-body adjustments and gain hours of hands-on assisting experience with Lisa Black.
TEACHER ASSISTING PROGRAM (TAP)
Developed by Lisa Black, our Teacher Assisting Program (TAP) is a weekend training course designed to give instructors the foundation and skills needed to provide safe and effective adjustments on yoga students. Students will learn the stabilizing, corrective, and deepening full-body adjustments of the 53 traditional asana within the Baptiste Power Vinyasa sequence and gain hours of hands-on assisting practice and experience.
TAP graduates receive 24 credit hours of continuing education through Yoga Alliance.
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification is recommended, but not required.
- TAP is a prerequisite to enter SHAKTI’s Teacher Mentorship Program (TMP) and become an active SHAKTI Vinyasa Yoga Instructor.
TAP Training Schedule| November 4-6, 2016│Bellevue
- 4:15 – 4:30 PM: Check in and Welcome
- 4:30 – 6:00 PM: Yoga Class: Experiencing Assists
- 6:00 – 9:00 PM: TAP Curriculum
- 10:15 AM – 2:30 PM: TAP Curriculum
- 2:30 – 3:30 PM: Lunch
- 3:30 – 7:30 PM: TAP Curriculum
- 8:00 – 9:30 AM: Practice Assisting in Live Class
- 9:30 – 9:45 AM: Assisting Feedback
- 9:45 – 11:15 AM: Practice Assisting in Live Class
- 11:15 – 11:30 AM: Assisting Feedback
- 11:30 AM – 4:00 PM: TAP Curriculum
Want to advertise a yoga event? Book it directly on our advertising page or Contact us with the details.