- This event has passed.
How to Design & Teach an Intro to Yoga Series at Seattle Yoga Arts
Jun 17, 2017| $100.00
An intro series is a great way to break down the basics of yoga and help cultivate a person’s confidence to attend public classes or to simply create a home practice.
As teachers, we have the opportunity to impart the basics of yoga in a careful, sequential way so that a person’s ongoing yoga practice—of any style—is informed and enhanced.
So how would one break down the basics of this vast body of practice in 6 weeks and inspire and inform someone who may have never stepped foot inside a yoga studio??
This interactive workshop aims to spark your creativity for teaching an intro series. Using Beth’s own teaching outline as a starting point, we will crowd source and build a sample six-week class.
Through lecture and discussion we’ll cover:
- What elements to consider in designing and teaching an intro to yoga series
- How to inspire students without overwhelming them
- How to add value to the student’s experience by including informative pre- and post-class communication
- How to draw on your own values and strengths as a teacher in order to offer a multifaceted, practical, and empowering series
- How to break down vinyasa into accessible movements
- Easy-to-teach alignment concepts that apply to all categories of poses
You’ll come away with your own rough draft of a 6-week intro series.
This workshop is open to anyone, and is part of our 300-hour Advanced Teacher Training program. If you are taking this workshop toward your advanced teaching certification, please register for the 300-hour program online in advance.
- Saturday, June 17
- 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm