- This event has passed.
Free Teacher Training Sample Class Q & A and Info Session
Aug 14, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
One event on Aug 21, 2019 at 6:30 pm
One event on Aug 28, 2019 at 6:30 pm
One event on Sep 4, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Yoga Teacher Training and In-Depth Studies Sample Teacher Training Class and Q and A
200 Hour Program. Sample Teacher Training Class is Limited to only 20 students with Richard Schachtel, Director The Center For Yoga of Seattle(Held at The Center For Yoga of Seattle in Ravenna)
If you’ve been considering a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, now is the time to find out more.
This is a FREE Teacher Training class, provided you sign up Here in advance. No credit card information is required. Space is limited.
Those who arrive without pre-registering, will be charged a drop-in fee of $23.
Please, arrive early at 6:15pm dressed for yoga practice. Q and A session will follow the class. The class is limited to only 20 people so please only sign up if you intend to come and participate. The Session is for those who have not already signed up for a teacher training at The Center For Yoga of Seattle. If you already signed up for one of our upcoming trainings at The Center, please do not sign up for this session so that we can use each space to reach people who have not yet decided to enroll in one of our trainings.
The open house is for those interested in one of our upcoming 200-hour teacher trainings, OR our 1-year Yoga Practitioner Training Courses(no theory, methodology, or Anatomy in the practitioner training).
- Our Next Evening 1 Year Teacher Training starts on September 11 on Wednesday Nights
- The 1 Year Tuesday Morning Teacher Teacher Training Starts on September 10th and meets 10am-2pm weekly
- 8TH Annual Fall 4-Week Immersion Teacher Training September 3-28, 2019
- 8th Annual Spring 4-Week Immersion 200 HR Yoga Teacher Training March 2-28, 2020
Bring your yoga clothes and your questions!
Our Yoga Practitioner Trainings Meet on Wednesday Evenings from 6-8pm starting on September 11th, and on Tuesday Mornings starting on September 10 from 10am-12noon.
Find out why Iyengar Yoga Alignment is the Gold Standard of Yoga Systems.
Experience teacher training from Seattle’s most experienced yoga teacher trainer.
Some of the Hallmarks of Iyengar Yoga are:
- The emphasis on precision of alignment in every pose.
- The specific and creative use of props that can help to individualize the practice to each student.
- The important feedback on practice that is given by well-trained competent teachers.
- Well structured sequences that help the student to progress and to gain awareness.
- Emphasis on developing the ability to work and stay in the poses in order to gain real benefit as compared to classes which are too fast to experience the full benefit of each pose and do not allow enough time to make adjustments and corrections.
- The emphasis on practicing a full-range of poses including the highly important inverted poses which are sadly not taught at”gym yoga” classes.
Please sign up early and arrive early for the class!
**For those simply wanting to find out about Iyengar Yoga, please see the Trial Iyengar Yoga Classes offered each month for $23.
Dates & Time:
Aug. 14th, 2019 @6:30pm – 8:00pm
Aug. 21st, 2019 @6:30pm – 8:00pm
Aug. 28th, 2019 @6:30pm – 8:00pm
Sep. 4th, 2019 @6:30pm – 8:00pm
About the instructor: Richard Schachtel
Richard Schachtel is Seattle’s most experienced yoga teacher trainer. He has taught special classes for those wanting to be trained to teach yoga since 1986.
Richard Schachtel has been training in Iyengar Yoga for over 40 years which emphasis developing a practice with a high degree of precision of alignment. He founded The Center For Yoga in 1980 and is a Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher and an authorized Iyengar Yoga Teacher Trainer. He has made 22 yoga study trips to India to personally train with the Iyengar Family most recently in December 2017. Richard is the Seattle Area’s most Senior Iyengar Yoga Teacher. Richard has been training teachers in Seattle since 1986 and has influenced several generations of yoga teachers. There are over 125 recent graduates of this program which is offered also on the weekends, and in 4 week immersions.
He has trained yoga teachers not only in Washington State but teachers from around the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia in his immersion yoga teacher trainings help several times each year in Seattle, and in Goa India each Winter.
Richard Schachtel, Teacher Training Info Session, Teacher Training Sample Class, The Center For Yoga of Seattle