- This event has passed.
Experiencing and Teaching Advanced Meditation Training
May 19, 2017| $335
Desires, Consciousness and Awareness
Experiencing and Teaching Advanced Meditation
May 19th-21st 2017
This module is designed for teachers who have already completed a 200-Hr yoga teacher training, and wish to accumulate 300 credits toward their 500-Hr certification. Or for the curious practitioner who simply wishes to deepen his or her knowledge of yoga.
You will learn to understand where modern theories on consciousness and brain function meet every-day practicality and traditional yogic philosophy. We will cover basic neuroscience and brain function and their application towards mindful living, self-awareness and meditation. We will also cover:
- Modern-day applications of mindfulness and meditation
- What “meditation” is, and the myths and misconceptions about meditation
- Different kinds of meditation practice
- A doctor’s perspective on stress and its effects on mind & body (Ph.D. presentation)
- Neuroplasticity, meditation, and the brain
- How meditation trains your attention and has the power to change self-identity
- The mind-body connection and creating well-being
- How to shift the stress response
- Experiences in meditation
- The spiritual side of meditation: mystic and wisdom traditions, awakened states of awareness, and self-discovery
- How to relate to students and their questions when teaching meditation
Price of this module: $335
This module is designed for teachers who have already completed a 200-Hr yoga teacher training, and wish to accumulate 300 credits toward their 500-Hr certification OR for the curious practitioner who simply wishes to deepen his or her knowledge of yoga.
To receive your 300-Hr diploma from Spira you must complete all 15 modules within 4 years and pass the final exam and presentation.
Family and Work Friendly Schedule for Weekend Modules:
Fridays, 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Saturdays, 11:30am – 4:00pm
Sundays, 11:30am – 3:30pm