- This event has passed.
The Personal Fitness Trainer Certificate
Aug 15, 2022| $2267
The Personal Fitness Trainer Certificate is designed to prepare students for a variety of fields in the Health and Wellness Industry.
Upon completion of the 19 credit program students may elect to enter the workforce as a Fitness Trainer or go on to pursue a two or four-year degree in Recreation, Health, Sports Medicine, Exercise Science, or a Teacher Certification program. The 19 credit curriculum prepares students to test for a Personal Training certification from a national organization such as ACSM, NSCA, ACE, or NASM.
Personal Fitness Trainer Certificate Info & Requirements
The PFT certificate is a high quality program that has directly impacted my ability to think critically about human development, healthy lifestyles, and muscle imbalances. The program has a cohort feel and professors make all courses apply to real life
-Jason, PFT Graduate
Who is this certificate for?
- Those who are interested in human movement, fitness, or physical activity
- Students passionate about promoting safe and effective methods of exercise and/or physical activity
- Completing the Health & Wellness, BAS degree at Bellevue College
- Those looking to transfer to a 4-year exercise science, pre-physical therapy, or athletic training degree
- Students looking to enroll in a Wa State Kinesiology program
- Work as a personal trainer while completing your two or 4-year degree!
Where do Fitness Trainers work?
- Commercial Fitness Clubs
- Personal Training Studios
- Community centers
- Wellness centers
- Corporate Health Centers
- Physical education instructor
- University/College Recreation Centers
Recommended Course Sequence
|PE 236: Anatomical Kinesiology – 4 credits
– Prerequisite for PE 228 Life Fitness Internship
|PE 267: Applied Kinesiology – 4 credits||PE 228: Life Fitness Internship – 1 credit|
|PE 212: Athletic Fitness – 1 credit||PE 211: Fitness Assessment – 2 credits|
|HLTH 224: Wellness Coaching – 2 credits|
|HLTH 262: First Aid and Safety for Fitness Trainers – 5 credits|
19 Credits which is equivalent to approximately 2267$.