- This event has passed.
Tibetan Meditation Mothers Day Weekend in Woodinville
May 13, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Education At Elevation is hosting a day of education, exploration, exercise and relaxation, to raise money to provide education, food, shelter, shoes for impoverished kids in a remote nomad village, as well as scholarship for young Tibetan women at eastern Tibet.
- 35 Children for education in Tibetan, Mandarin languages and basic mathematics.
- Nomad girls and women. Tuition for 2 young women to attain education beyond high school.
- A safe haven for the 35 impoverished kids at the frozen land.
- Two to three classes/sessions starting every hour
- Many choices of classes: Fitness. Meditation. Massage. Wellness and Yoga
- Bring local communities together. To inspire a healthier lifestyle.
- Tibetan and Indian specialty lunch. Vegetarian available.
- Shopping for Tibetan art, jewelry, specialty items
- Child care service. Kids’ yoga.
- To celebrate Mother’s day weekend
Here are some of the classes offered:
- The art of practicing Tibetan meditation – Khenpo Jampa Rinpoche – Sakya Monastery Abbot
- Tibetan mushroom paradise. Learn about the caterpillar fungus that fuels Tibet’s economy with Daniel Winkler, M. Sc. – Mushroom Expert, Environmental Consultant
- Yoga safety tips. Dr. Patti Shelton, MD. – Yoga teacher, and author of ‘The Yoga Doctor’ will teach you simple techniques that will help keep you moving pain-free for life.
Education at Elevation, Khenpo Jampa Rinpoche, Tibetan Meditation, Yoga Woodinville