- This event has passed.
Weekend teacher training program at Shakti yoga in Redmond
Sep 12, 2014| Free
Anchored in the Baptiste Yoga methodology, in this training you will learn how to share yourself, connect with others, and create positive change in the world. The skills and experience you receive are applicable to any teaching or leadership role in or out of a yoga studio.
Has yoga changed your life? Stand tall, be bold, and share why you love yoga! Learn to teach yoga from a place of Truth, Power, Compassion, Authenticity and Passion! Enhance and refine your yoga practice, experience personal transformation, and learn to inspire others!
During this four-month, in-depth, comprehensive course of study, we will help you develop your personal strengths and use your opportunities as places for growth. Your skills will expand and evolve in this highly supportive environment, through discussion, contribution, personal involvement, community building, coaching, hands-on assisting, and practice teaching. The program includes an emphasis on learning practical skills and real classroom experience. Through your own personal transformation, you will learn how to support, guide, and inspire others on their own path of physical and spiritual awakening.
This 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Registered Teaching Training will include 180 hours of contact hours and 20 hours of independent study.
The skills and experience that you will receive include:
• Ability to teach a comprehensive, all-levels, challenging vinyasa yoga class
• Awareness of healthy asana alignment, form, and modifications
• Understanding of effective sequencing based on Baptiste Yoga methodology
• Ability to effectively assist and evaluate students’ needs
• Gaining real, hands-on practice teaching experience
• Ability to teach Ujjayi and other Pranayama breathing techniques
• Implementing knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology in yoga
• Gaining self-awareness through self-study, discussions, and personal coaching
• Overview of the history and roots of yoga through a study of the sutras and the Eight Limbs of yoga path.
• Practicing healthy, professional lifestyles, boundaries, and ethics for yoga teachers
• Implementing effective, powerful communication, presentation, and bold leadership skills
• Understanding of how we teach and live yoga beyond the classroom
• Learning the business of teaching yoga, creating programs, and owning studios.
This teacher training is taught by: Lisa Black, Deb Nielsen, Tina Templeman, Zak Endicott, Danielle Mika Nagel and Bryan Kest
Sept 12-Dec 13, 2014
$500 non-refundable deposit due with application (applied toward full tuition)
$1750 Due one week after your acceptance into the program
$1250 Due by August 29, 2014
You get a $300 discount if you register by July 15th 2014
*Program Cost includes: A FREE Pass for unlimited yoga classes at all three Shakti Vinyasa Yoga studio locations is included in the cost of tuition. The unlimited pass will be valid from Sept 12- Dec 13, 2014.
Upon acceptance to the program, the $500 application fee is non-refundable. If cancel prior to August 12, the $500 application fee will be forfeited and the remaining tuition will be refunded. If cancel within 14 days before start of the training, the $500 application fee and 50% of the balance will be forfeited. Once the program begins, tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Download and submit the application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Shakti Vinyasa Yoga – Redmond, 16651 Redmond Way, Redmond, WA 98052 (please keep a copy for your records)
- Submit $500 non-refundable application deposit by check or credit card
[Photo by Shakti yoga]