- This event has passed.
Weekend Workshop Series with Esak Garcia
Jan 23, 2016
Esak Garcia has been a devotee of the study and practice of yoga for 22 years. The weekend workshop series will feature an exploration of the mula bandha, a synergistic contraction of several muscle groups, 2 backbending workshops with theory and application, and a slow workshop-style class covering the 84 posture sequence known as the “Advanced Class.” Participants have the option to sign up for 1, 2, or all 3 of the workshop portions, plus participate in a master class held in one of several Seattle area studios from Jan 18-22.
A Master Class is 2 hours long and consists of a 30 minute discussion on key concepts for Hatha Yoga practice and philosophy, plus a 90 minute yoga class. These classes are free if you have registered and paid for the entire Weekend Workshop Series, otherwise, the cost to attend is $40 per class. If you plan to attend a master class, please register and pay directly with the host studio of your choice.
Please see Master Class options below:
- Tuesday January 19, 4:00pm-6:00pm at The Sweatbox
- Wednesday, January 20, 6:00pm-8:00pm at Fusion Hot Yoga in Bothell
- Thursday January 21, 6:30pm-8:30pm at Be Yoga Burien
- Friday January 22, 6:30pm-8:30pm at Breathe Hot Yoga
WORKSHOP SERIES SCHEDULE
Sat Jan 23:
- 9:30am-1:00pm Mula Bandha Workshop: learn to use mula bandha during pranayama, standing head to knee, half moon side bend, triangle and standing separate leg head to knee.
- 2:00pm-4:30pm Back Bending Workshop Part 1: half moon, wall walking, camel/full camel, salute to gods and goddesses.
Sun Jan 24:
- 10:00am-11:30am Back Bending Workshop Part 2: application of technique learned in Back Bending Part 1.
- 12:30pm-4:30pm 84 Asana Advanced Workshop/Class: a workshop-style class with moderate heat, plenty of demonstrations and slow detailed instruction. All yogis with a regular practice are invited.