- This event has passed.
Weekend Yoga Immersion with Debbie Dixon
January 21 @ 6:00 pm - January 23 @ 6:00 pm| $295
Weekend Yoga Immersion
Some of the things we will cover…
Do you have the desire to learn more about the philosophy behind yoga as well as the mechanics? We will reignite and refresh your spirit in the weekend intensive meant for those on a quest to deepen knowledge of these ancient teachings!
* Uncover your own individual calling or purpose
* Explore meditation and dive into the study of Yoga beyond the asanas (postures)
* Learn from our special guest who will highlight Ayurveda (the sister science to yoga)
*Come away with your individual Dosha and why that is important to your over-all health and Well-Being
* Take a deep dive into the practice of yoga. Recognizing it is an art and science dedicated to creating union between body, mind and spirit.
* Learn how to use breath and body to foster an awareness of yourself as individual being who is intimately connected to the unified whole of creation.
* Learn how to balance and create equanimity so as to live in peace, good health and harmony with the greater whole.
* Discuss the yogi’s eight limbed path that ultimately leads to this goal
* Discuss the subtle body. Just as we have a physical body, we also have a body of energy, called subtle body. And just as we have a physical spine that acts as the central channel through which nerve impulses flow, we also have a subtle central channel called sushumna through which prana, or life force, flows.
* Learn about Chakras. Deep within the sushumna lie spinning centers of energy, called chakras, which are like intense vortices of energy that act as distribution points for prana.
* Come away undersanding how practicing yoga can manipulate this energy and ultimately increase your health, enthusiasm and over-all happiness!
* Gain an understanding of vibration and the sacred language of Sanskrit (why it heals). As well as some of the other sounds we experience in a yoga class (music, bowls, chanting) why we do this and how is it affecting us?
* We will gain an understanding of how we restrict and encourage the flow of energy throughout the body and the energy channels
Friday – 6pm-9pm
Saturday – 9:30am-8pm (This includes a sound healing from 6:30-8pm which is covered in the cost)
Sunday – 12pm-4pm
Cost: $295.00 Limited space please reserve ahead of time!
About the instructor:
Debbie is a mom, a yoga teacher, a business owner, a lover of life, and an artist of the word who derives energy, fulfillment, joy and happiness from watching others begin to discover that the life of their dreams is within their grasp. As a yoga teacher and a guide, she reminds people how to view life as a series of miracles unfolding. Her teachings are strongly rooted in the foundation of “Stepping outside of your comfort zone,” with the belief that life is meant to be enjoyed. Debbie’s mission is to ignite spiritual health in others and remind them that it is their divine birthright to have extraordinary abundance in all areas of their lives, freeing them to live their life on purpose, filled with passion..