- This event has passed.
Whole Life Yoga 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Jan 28, 2019| $3200 – $3500
Do you believe that yoga is more than exercise? Has it transformed your life? Would you like to use the ancient tools of asana (postures), pranayama (breath work), and meditation to help others?
If so, Whole Life Yoga Teacher Training may be for you! This 200-hour program (registered with Yoga Alliance) utilizes a multifaceted approach of weekly classes, monthly clinics, observation, private instruction, and independent study. We also include ample teaching practice, both in our teacher training classes and out in the community.
Students in Whole Life Yoga Teacher Training learn to:
- Build a grounded and well-balanced personal yoga practice.
- Apply yoga philosophy to their own lives.
- Adapt yoga poses to individual students using modern anatomy principles and ancient yoga teachings.
- Design multi-level group classes using the full breadth of yoga tools, including asana, pranayama, and meditation.
- Teach individuals and group classes safely and effectively.
Yoga is also about sangha (community). We focus on creating a supportive community of friends who share a deep love of yoga. Many of our graduates stay in close contact with their teacher training classmates for many years to come.
Whole Life Yoga Teacher Training is appropriate for:
- Yoga students of any age, yoga experience, or fitness level who want to deepen their yoga practice.
- Dedicated yoga practitioners who would like to teach at yoga studios, health clubs, community centers, and other venues.
- Health care practitioners interested in integrating the healing aspects of yoga into their practice.
- Experienced yoga teachers who want to learn the Viniyoga methodology of customizing yoga to the needs of individual students.
What Makes Whole Life Yoga Teacher Training Special?
Seattle is blessed with a wide variety of yoga teacher training programs. Choosing the right training for your specific goals can be a challenge. Our program is, in many ways, unique.
Whole Life Yoga’s Teacher Training stands out from other Seattle-area trainings in several key ways:
- Physical Adaptability: Our training program is designed to be accessible to all ages, body types, and experience levels. We invite fit, experienced yogis to attend, and we also embrace newer yogis and those with physical limitations and chronic conditions. Viniyoga is appropriate for Olympic-level athletes, weekend warriors, and relative couch potatoes. Our graduates range in age from late teens to late seventies.
- Practical Structure: Class meets one weekday evening a week and one Sunday a month for almost a year. This structure is specifically designed to meet the needs of working adults and full-time parents. Our “trickle approach” helps students integrate the teachings at a much deeper level than can be achieved in trainings with more compressed timeframes.
- Longevity and Experience: The director and primary instructor, Tracy Weber (E-RYT500, C-IAYT) is a certified yoga therapist with fifteen years experience leading yoga teacher trainings. She has certified 200 and 500-hour yoga teachers since 2003.
- Dedication to a Proven Tradition: Whole Life Yoga Teacher Training is taught exclusively in the Viniyoga tradition. This lineage has been handed down for generations in India and is known for its adaptability and focus on the breath.
- Commitment to Student Success: We believe in helping our students succeed, and we understand that life doesn’t always go according to plan. We do everything in our power to help our students learn, grow, and successfully complete the program. We believe in teaching Yoga for Real People ™ to yogis with real lives!
- Proven Financial Stability: Whole Life Yoga Teacher Training is both registered with Yoga Alliance and licensed as a private career school through the State of Washington. We have passed rigorous tests of business and financial stability, and your tuition is protected by the State of Washington. Simply put, your money is safe with us!
For more information about how to select the right yoga school for you, see this article on six considerations when choosing a yoga teacher training program:
Program Schedule and Location:
We will meet weekly for 11 months—from January 28, 2019 through December 16, 2019. Weekly classes will take place on Mondays from 6:30 – 9:30 pm. Monthly clinics will generally take place on the 4th Sunday of each month from 12:30 – 5:30 pm.
Monday sessions will be held at the Phinney Neighborhood Center at N 67th St. & Phinney Ave N. Sunday workshops are held at Whole Life Yoga on the corner of N 87th St and Greenwood Ave N.
We offer several payment plans, and we discount heavily for payment in full. We can accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards.
- 1 payment of $3500 ($300 discount if paid in full by November 30, 2018)
- 4 equal payments of $950
- 10 equal payments of $425
- 40 weekly 3-hour training sessions
- 11 monthly special topic clinics
- Attendance in 10 group classes at Whole Life Yoga Studio
- Observation of 10 group classes at Whole Life Yoga Studio
- 2 private or small group meetings with teacher training staff
- Teacher training manual, written practices, and all handouts
Whole Life Yoga Teacher Training’s program is personalized, and so is our application process. If you’re interested in applying, contact Tracy Weber, the program director, at 206-707-9087, or e-mail her at Tracy@TracyWeber.net. Tracy will arrange a time to meet, discuss your goals, and help you assess whether or not this program is right for you.
For more information, including detailed course catalogue, instructor bios, and information about Viniyoga, please e-mail Tracy Weber at Tracy@TracyWeber.net or visit www.WholeLifeYogaTeacherTraining.com
About the Instructor: Tracy Weber
Tracy Weber is a registered yoga teacher (E-RYT-500) through Yoga Alliance and a certified yoga therapist (C-IAYT) through the International Association of Yoga Therapists. Her primary teacher has been Gary Kraftsow, author of the books Yoga for Wellness and Yoga for Transformation. She has taken intensive workshops with other master teachers, including Margaret Pierce, TKV Desikachar, and Joan Borysenko. She also holds a Bachelors of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering and a Master of Business Administration.
Tracy founded Whole Life Yoga in 2000 and created and led her first yoga teacher training program in 2003. Tracy teaches yoga using the Viniyoga methodology. The word “viniyoga” literally translated means “adaptation and proper application.” Tracy believes yoga postures should be adapted for each individual practitioner. She infuses her trainings with attitudes of caring and student acceptance, and uses yoga tools to help facilitate growth in all areas of life.
Want to advertise a yoga event? Book it directly on our advertising page or Contact us with the details.