- This event has passed.
Winter Pranayama Series at Aham Yoga in Redmond (6 Weeks)
Jan 21, 2017| $120
Pranayama is an ancient and integral part of Yoga. It is a practice that draws our focus towards the breath. Enabling us with various techniques that improve respiration, invigorate the lungs, improve brain function, feed all other bodily systems and help in create longevity in our lives. Think of Pranayama as “asanas” for the subtle body.
Pranayama is a seated practice where one intentionally, rhythmically and rigorously works with the breath through guided instruction to achieve a better, refined and cultured breath. The word pranayama means ‘extension of breath’ (prana = breath & ayama = extension). It is an inseparable part of yoga. And is preceded by asana or the physical practice. To be able to achieve success in pranayama one needs to have an established practice of asana.
To maintain good health, longevity and a holistic yoga practice, one needs to maintain a healthy balance of asana and pranayama. The practice of pranayama is subtle yet powerful – leading to numerous physical, mental and emotional benefits.
Aham Yoga conducts regular Pranayama sessions. Our Pranayama series are led by our founder, Arundhati Baitmangalkar. One of the few teachers who continues to teach Pranayama regularly in the area. With her guided instruction and attention to detail, all students experience not only the many benefits from Pranayama but also the ability to understand this ancient practice with clarity and ease.
This series takes place on Saturdays from 9h15am to 10h15am starting on January 21st 2017 until February 25th 2017.
WHO CAN PRACTICE PRANAYAMA?
- All level yoga practitioners
- Yoga teachers and yoga teacher trainees
- Pregnant women
- If you have not done yoga before, we recommend signing up for our beginners yoga series first
- Anyone above the age of 15 years
THE BENEFITS OF PRANAYAMA?
- Increases longevity of life
- Increases & improves blood circulation to organs
- Increases digestion, vigour, vitality, perception and memory
- Strengthens the nervous system & respiratory system
- Purifies nadis ( energy pathways) & protects internal organs
- Frees the mind from the grasp of the body, sharpens the intellect and illumes the self
- Quietens the upsurge of senses and desires
- Experience a state of serenity
- Relives stress, depression and hypertension
- Efficient utilization of energy produced by bodily systems
- Increases resistance to diseases
- Keeps lungs clean from bacterial diseases by efficient circulation of blood and lymph
- Helps liver to be healthy
- Helps gain a clearer state of mind
Come discover various breathing techniques that are not only challenging, but also detailed, explained, corrected, and consistent. Leaving you to feel more refreshed, energized, active, and peaceful.