- This event has passed.
Women’s Health and Yoga at Aham Yoga (Redmond, WA)
May 7, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm| $45 – $55
“Without health there is no strength. Strength is preserved only when health is maintained. Health of body means both physical and mental well-being. It is a sign of a peaceful state of the body and the mind when one is able to follow ethical codes, maintain moral standards and fulfill social obligations.”
Women play many roles in their lifetime. A mother, a wife, a daughter, a friend, a sister, an employee and many others. Women nowadays have to juggle between traditional roles defined by society along with new non-traditional roles on the work front. In today’s day and age of all around competition, women need to excel at home and on the work front. For as long as we can see, society has expected more from women than men – they put others needs ahead of their own, time after time.
In Yoga, we view a woman’s life in 4 major stages – childhood, puberty, pregnancy and menopause. All these stages affect the physical body and the psychology of women – having to deal with hormones on a regular basis to coping with internal and external body changes. Being a women, while great, is also challenging. To help cope and be the best version of yourself, one can use the practice of yoga to help cope with the various changes that happen at different stages of life. In this workshop, our focus will be on women’s health and yoga.
Women’s Health and Yoga covers:
- Yoga practice to help maintain good menstrual health.
- Yoga poses to help deal with menstrual issues.
- Yoga poses for menstrual discomfort.
- Yoga poses for menopause and beyond.
- How to practice yoga in the 4 stages of life.
- The emotional and psychological impact from yoga poses.
- Various yoga sequences for conditions mentioned above.
- A full practice of the top 10 best yoga poses for women’s health.
Who should attend Women’s Health and Yoga?
- Yoga practitioners of all levels.
- Women with menstrual issues.
- Women at pre-conception or postnatal stages.
- Mothers who want to understand yoga to help their daughters.
- Yoga teachers and yoga teacher trainees.
Early Bird Price: $45 (until 4.17.17)