- This event has passed.
Yoga Behind Bars Fall Teacher Training in Shoreline, WA
Oct 28, 2016 - Oct 30, 2016| $325
Are you ready to bring a light into every cell?
Join Yoga Behind Bars for the most comprehensive training available for teaching in prisons and in other vulnerable communities. Learn effective tools to bring trauma-informed yoga into prisons and other settings and find out how you can use yoga and meditation to make a difference in the world.
When you teach for Yoga Behind Bars, you build a bridge between two worlds. It is an experience that will change your life and the lives of your students. Teaching yoga in a prison environment is undeniably challenging and also incredibly rewarding. Because of this, we encourage applicants who have a strong sense of commitment, skill, and capacity for compassion.
Dates: October 28-30
Location: Namaste Studio, Shoreline, WA
Cost: $325 early bird pricing
What you can expect:
- A safe space for self-exploration, growth, and community building
- Thorough preparation to offer yoga and meditation based tools in prison or any other setting to foster connection, safety, and healing
- Training on social justice and skills for working in environments of suffering/trauma in a sustainable and just way
- Inspiration and community
- The 60+ page Yoga Behind Bars manual
- Earn up to 17 hours of CE credit
Prerequisites for teaching with us (note there are no prerequisites for attending this training):
- Must have completed a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training or equivalent experience.
- Attend our training.
- 2-year commitment to teaching. This can look a variety of ways, from teaching once a month to several times per month. The majority of our volunteer staff teach every other week at one facility.
Find more information and register here. If you have any questions or would like to sign up to be notified when registrations open, please contact Emily Westlake, Administrative Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.[Photo by Laura Burbaite | CC BY]
Namaste Studios, Teacher Training, Yoga Behind Bars, Yoga Nonprofit, Yoga Teacher Training