- This event has passed.
Introduction to Yoga Series at Seattle Yoga Arts II
May 15, 2017 @ 5:45 pm - 7:00 pm| $75
Join Beth Award for this 5 week introduction to yoga series at Seattle Yoga Arts.
So you’ve taken an Intro to Yoga class and now what? This is a 5-week series for those folks who have a basic understanding of yoga and who want a series that will give them time and opportunity to:
- Practice a variety of basic warm ups and Surya Namaskar at a manageable pace
- Investigate what is meant when we talk about “good alignment” in yoga postures
- Cultivate strength and stamina in standing poses
- Learn how to effectively use yoga props to enhance your poses
- Explore other basic standing and seated poses often taught in Essentials classes at SYA
This class is perfect for those who have taken an Intro to Yoga series and want a slower-paced class, as well as anyone who wants to slow their practice way down to focus on the nuances of the poses.
Series class size will be kept to a maximum of 12 students.
Previous yoga experience is required; students must have already taken an Intro to Yoga series. Please have no major injuries for attendance at this series.
Plan to arrive 15 minutes early with an empty-ish stomach and an open mind. Mats and props are provided.
- Mondays 5:45 pm – 7:00 pm
- May 15 – June 19
- There will be no class on Monday, May 29 (Memorial Day).