- This event has passed.
Yoga Escape Spain: Discover, Relax, Restore
May 12, 2017| $2,175
Join us in the Andalusian countryside for a refreshing retreat away from the hustle and bustle of your busy life. It’s time to rest and restore! Spain is more than just a destination; it’s a lifestyle, and a truly authentic Spanish experience means slowing down and savoring life. Attune your body, mind and spirit with twice daily yoga and meditation. Invigorate your senses as you explore picturesque villages, take in breathtaking vistas, and gather with new friends to taste amazing food and wine. With ample downtime to relax and enjoy all that our private boutique hotel has to offer, it will be a trip to refresh your soul. Come embrace a rejuvenating week in Spain!
You will be guaranteed a warm welcome at Cortijo Sabila, a luxury Andalusian guest house nestled between two mountain ranges and near a typical whitewashed Spanish pueblo. All guest suites are individually designed to reflect the cities of the region and have luxury en-suite bathrooms. The interior of the hotel is beautifully appointed with antiques and objects d’art collected over many years by the owners. Outside you will find multiple gardens, terraces and gorgeous dining and lounge areas where our family-style meals will be served. Complete with saltwater swimming pool and large spa jacuzzi, you are sure to find a spot in the sun or shade to spend the day relaxing and enjoying the beautiful vistas!
Three meals a day will be provided on the retreat, with the exception of one lunch on an excursion day. Enjoy a continental breakfast, light lunch and a 3 course dinner served family style each evening. We will kick off the retreat with a Spanish barbecue welcome dinner, enjoy tapas and wine tastings, and say farewell with a traditional pallea party. Guests are raving about the food provided by the hosts, so we are looking forward to experiencing some delicious Spanish cuisine! Dietary rectrictions can be accommodated, but please know that it might limit your choices at times. Please let us know at the time of reservation what your dietary needs are.
Enjoy a morning Hatha Slow Flow to awaken your body and deepen your breath. Afternoon yoga will focus on more gentle and restorative practices, including guided meditations and body sensing practices. This retreat is intentionally planned to be small for more personal instruction and attention during classes. ALL levels are welcome. This is not a hard core yoga retreat!
***Please note that the yoga schedule is subject to change on excursion days***
Indulge your senses and savor life in Spain with two cultural excursions and a trip to El Torcal National Park. All included in your retreat package!
- A day trip to the mountaintop city of Ronda, one of Spain’s oldest towns that is set dramatically above a deep gorge. Enjoy wine tastings at one of the area’s best vineyards with a special authentic Spanish lunch, followed by time to explore the historical town and breathtaking views.
- A day in Granada, one of Spain’s most fascinating cities and home to the world’s finest Moorish monument: the Alhambra. Take a step back in time as you wander the palaces and gardens that date back to 14th century. Wind your way through the cobblestone streets and whitewashed houses of Albaicin, and find the perfect spot to relax at a local tapas bar or Moroccan tea house. Top the evening off with dinner and flamenco!
- Ecotour to protected natural area of El Torcal in Antequera. With its spectacular stacked rocks and knobbly limestone towers, the otherworldly landscape of El Torcal is one of Spain’s most unique natural landscapes. Now a protected nature reserve, El Torcal’s unusual terrain is celebrated both for its remarkable geology and its diverse wildlife, and the rocky landscape is home to around 700 different plant species and a colorful array of nesting and migratory birds. Enjoy a spectacular hiking route around this unique landscape, followed by a traditional Andalusian lunch.
Interested in exploring more of the surrounding area on your own? The nearest town is just a 20 minute walk from the hotel. For those interested in venturing out a little farther, the towns of Cordoba, Malaga, Nerja and more are all within an easy drive. Personal day trips and excursions may be arranged through the hotel as desired for an additional cost, or you can rent a car upon arrival in Malaga to see the sights as you please.
Schedule: May 12 – 19, 2018
Cost & Booking:
- Single and Double rooms available from $2,175.
- Save $200 by booking early! Early Bird prices are good through Sept 30, 2017 and may be secured by submitting in a deposit.
A non-refundable $400 deposit reserves your spot on the retreat. The remainder of your trip payment must be paid by March 1st, 2018. If a reservation is made within 60 days of the trip departure, the entire cost of the trip must be paid at the time of confirmation. All reservations are automatically canceled if all payments are not received by the due date, with full loss of the initial deposit.
Monthly payment plans are available!
For further details, please visit my retreat page on WeTravel.
About Kristin Reed:
Kristin Reed is a 500hr E-RYT and licensed massage therapist living in Seattle, WA. Her greatest passion is helping others connect with and find freedom in their bodies so that they can live life to their fullest potential. Her classes, workshops and retreats emphasize building a solid foundation with strength and proper alignment, while also finding ease in asana and cultivating careful observation of the body and mind. Outside of the classroom she is an ardent Thai Massage practitioner, creating personalized sessions for clients utilizing bodywork and herbal therapies.
Kristin Reed, Yoga Escape Spain, Yoga Retreat Andalusia, Yoga Retreat Spain