- This event has passed.
Yoga Instructor Certification at Bellevue College
Sep 19, 2016| $1233
Get positioned for a healthy career with Yoga Instructor Certification from Bellevue College with this program starting on September 19th 2016 and ending on March 17th 2017.
The Yoga Instructor Certification program at Bellevue College is designed to prepare students to teach Yoga in a wide variety of settings. It is a 14-credit program that prepares students to earn the Yoga Alliance 200-hour approved teaching standard certificate as well as expanding on broader wellness coaching techniques. The Registered Yoga Teacher Certification is a credential sought by many fitness and wellness employers.
Upon graduation, program graduates should be able to:
- Identify ethical and professional standards of the International Coaching Foundation
- Develop a deeper understanding of the Yoga Alliance sequential instructional applications
- Evaluate, summarize and paraphrase client-based information in a wellness plan
- Demonstrate ability to manage and teach yoga classes with established safety parameters
- Identify core strength, flexibility and posture benefits of yoga
- Develop yoga class sequential lesson plans incorporating individualized routines for clients and groups.
- Assess and analyze professional and personal skills required in the yoga profession
- Analyze and reflect on yoga within a wellness plan
The Yoga Instructor Certification Program can consists of 14 credits over two quarters. For current tuition rates please visit the Bellevue College Tuition website.
Our program is a considered a registered Yoga School (RYS). More information as well as registration details can be found on our website.
Bellevue College does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or veteran status in educational programs and activities which it operates. Please see policy 4150.