- This event has passed.
Yoga Journey to South India with Fran Gallo – 2018
Jan 2, 2018| $4,750
Meet the natural beauty, stunning architecture, and the intriguing culture of South India on a journey with Fran Gallo that includes daily yoga historical Mumbai, colorful culture, a cooking class, and wild elephants! Explore the 2,000-year-old caves at Ellora and Ajanta that feature monasteries and temples hewn out of rock. Marvel at the intricately carved temples of Madurai, covered in vividly painted figures of deities, mythical creatures and monsters. Cruise on a wooden rice boat through Kochi’s maze of backwaters to observe village life along the shore. Cross over the Western Ghats to Periyar National Park, India’s earliest wildlife sanctuary and one of the best places to see the Asian elephant. Walk in a spice plantation and learn about the many different uses of spices, both in medicine and food and then use them to cook a delicious meal.
Schedule: January 2 – 18, 2018
- Take the Mumbai Walking Tour through colorful Crawford Market
- See two UNESCO World Heritage sites: the Ajanta and Ellora Caves, with their ceiling paintings, carved statues, and intricate temples
- See Mamallapuram’s celebrated ancient stone carvings
- Observe Asian elephants in Periyar National Park and go on a forest trek in Periyar National Park with local trekking guides
- Enjoy a relaxing stay on a Kerala houseboat
- Learn how to cook a South Indian dinner
Trip cost: $4,750
Includes: Yoga, guide fees, all transportation within India, 5 star hotels, breakfasts and dinners, hotel and driver tips, entrance fees, and guest experts on Indian culture.
Fran Gallo, Spiritual India Journeys, Yoga Retreat 2018, Yoga Retreat India, Yoga Retreat South India