- This event has passed.
Yoga medicine weekend workshop with Tiffany Cruikshank
Aug 1, 2014| $245
Join Tiffany Cruikshank for a special weekend long workshop at Om Culture presented by YogaLab Northwest.
About Tiffany Cruikshank:
An international yoga teacher, author and health & wellness expert Tiffany is known as a teacher’s teacher and has written for & graced the cover of many prominent publications. Internationally acclaimed due to her ability to combine over two decades of dedicated yoga practice & study in Holistic Medicine with over a decade working with patients. With her training in Acupuncture & Sports Medicine her classes are guided by a strong anatomic focus, using movement as medicine. Yoga Medicine is a thorough, anatomically based training system developed by Tiffany that informs & trains teachers all over the world to work more powerfully with their students.
- Fri Aug 1st : Core Essence 5:30p-7:30p : We’ve all heard the numerous benefits of having a strong core, but for many of us we end up training just one small part of it and miss many of the benefits. In this workshop we will dissect the anatomy of the core to understand better how to utilize the power of your core muscles. The beauty of understanding the core is that you will leave with a knowledge that informs your practice in many ways and immediately helps you access a deeper layer of strength you may not know was there. This will begin with some anatomy information and move into an informed flow to create an experiential knowledge to take away with you.
- Sat Aug 2nd : Inversion Elixir 10:00a-12:30p: The term inversions can stir up an array of emotions, for some its love for others its pure fear but how we approach them is key to not only our enjoyment but our success as well. In this workshop you will learn the anatomy & alignment necessary to harness your given strength to setup for success. We’ll explore the traditional inversions and some fun variations as well. This will be an intelligent and playful inverted workshop with plenty of information & anatomy to help you progress from a place of confidence.
- Sat Aug 2nd: Unwind Rx 2:00p-4:30p: In order to embrace your full potential sometimes it requires first letting go. In this workshop, we will explore some tools to help unravel tension in the tissues to prepare for deeper work in your practice and your life. Myofascial release works with both the muscles and the fascia to help relieve pain and tension in the musculoskeletal system. By manipulating the myofascia, physical and energetic constrictions are released, opening areas that may feel stuck or resistant to change. This workshop will teach you how to use myofascial release so that you leave this with a simple but effective knowledge that you can apply on your own. This class is open to anyone, no yoga experience needed.
- Sun Aug 3rd: Spine Therapy 10:00a-12:30p: Many of us are either born to backbend or dread it from the start of class. Which ever category you fall into, understanding the anatomy of backbends can help you create a backbending practice that helps keep your spine healthy & supple and takes you deeper into your backbending practice. The backbends are traditionally used as a tonic both to the spine & the internal organs and therefore have a powerful effect on the entire body when used properly. This class will give you an understanding of the anatomy and how to apply it to your regular practice as well as take you through a flow to experience the effects immediatly.
- Weekend pass: $245
- Individual Class: $75 ($60 for the Friday class)
Kenneth Landis, Lara Herbst Ederer, Om Culture, Tiffany Cruikshank, Yoga Medicine, YogaLab Northwest