- This event has passed.
Yoga for Osteoporosis with Christy Fisher
Apr 29, 2018| $120
In this series Christy will draw from her work with Dr. Loren Fishman, a pioneer in the field of Yoga for Osteoporosis.
- Learn about the physiology of Osteopenia and Osteoporosis.
- Look at current research studies by Dr. Loren Fishman on the benefits of Yoga for Osteoporosis and bone strength.
- Explore simple and safe yoga practices specifically designed to build bone strength, improve balance, and reduce the risk of fracture.
- Learn about what poses are helpful and what poses are harmful.
- Experience the tremendous healing and relaxing benefits of yoga.
Detailed handouts will be provided.
- Sundays, Apr. 29th – Jun. 10th, 2018
- 5:00 pm – 6:15 pm
- No class on May 20
Cost: Spring Series: 6 weeks/$120
Monthly unlimited pass holders are also welcome!
About the Instructor: Christy Fisher
Christy is a 500-Hour certified Kripalu Yoga teacher; Certified Yoga Therapist with the International Association of Yoga Therapy (C-IAYT) and a practitioner of yoga for over 25 years. Christy also holds a long time interest in somatic awareness and has been fortunate to study with some of the most influential teachers in the field including Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, Martha Myers, Martha Eddy and Peggy Hackney along with receiving certification from the Laban/Bartenieff Institute of Movement Studies (NYC).
Christy enjoys teaching people of all ages and backgrounds, specializing in adapting practices to meet individual needs. Her approach is gentle yet deep and always includes an emphasis on acceptance and mindfulness. Along with directing Phinney Ridge Yoga, she has taught for the National MS Society Washington State Chapter, Cancer Lifeline, and the Washington State Traumatic Brain Injury Association.