- This event has passed.
Yoga and rock climbing with Kristen Shaw
Sep 6, 2014 @ 7:30 am - 6:00 pm| $103
Rock climbing and yoga are deeply connected. Both require the ability to trust and focus on the present moment. To develop coordination in climbing, awareness of the core and balance are key. Designed for both beginners and experts, after this course you will walk away examining mindfulness while external factors are present. You will develop new habits for grounding and breathing, and the ability to find clarity when pushing your physical and mental limits.
During this Yoga & Rock Climbing course, you’ll be able to connect further with your body, mind, and spirit as you experience yoga in nature while being guided into a deeper sense of relaxation and mindfulness. Our instructors teach you fundamental rock climbing skills and build a foundation of basic belaying techniques as well as movement, to participate in other climbing events.
Please come prepared for variable weather, we will continue with our day despite rain, heat or cooler temperatures. A small backpack works great to hold your water, trail snacks, lunch, yoga mat and extra clothing.
What is included:
- All climbing gear is included (Shoes, harnesses, helmets, all climbing ropes and carabiners)
- A light snack at the end of the day.
- Guided rock climbing
- A 60 – 90 minute yoga session with a certified yoga instructor
What’s not included:
- Car Pool options available
- Please bring your yoga mat
- Please bring your own lunch, water and small backpack to carry your equipment. Don’t forget your camera!!
[Photo credit: Kristen Shaw]
Kristen Shaw, Kristen Shaw Yoga, Outdoor Yoga, Rock Climbing and Yoga, Yoga and Rock Climbing