- This event has passed.
Yoga425 Kids’ Academy: yoga camp for kids 9-12 years old
Aug 10, 2015| $3 – $150
Yoga425 and yoga teacher Anna Johnson will hold an outdoor yoga academy for kids ages 9 to 12 at Stipek Park in Bothell!
This is a 3 day yoga camp for kids from Monday 8/10 through Wednesday 8/12 from 9am to 1pm each day.
Yoga is an accessible, non-competitive, beneficial exercise that will have a positive impact on children. During the academy, we’ll teach kids yoga that they can “bring home”, in addition to partner and team-building sessions, games, and journal exercises to help kids further the mind/body connection.
On the final day, parents are welcome to attend from noon to 1pm and enjoy a yoga practice along with the kids!
Our goal is to have fun while we help kids:
- Develop body awareness and acceptance as well as increase physical strength and range of motion
- Learn how to use their bodies in a healthy way
- Manage stress through breathing, awareness, meditation and healthy movement
- Build concentration
- Increase their confidence and positive self-image
- Feel part of a healthy, non-competitive group
- Have an alternative to tuning out through constant attachment to electronic devices
In the event of rain, the kids’ yoga academy will be held at Advantage Gymnastics in Woodinville, WA.
Price: $150 for all 3 days.
Reserve a spot for your child now!
Want to advertise a yoga event? Book it directly on our advertising page or Contact us with the details.