Perhaps one of the easiest and tastiest recipes of the summer, these green bean fries are off the charts delicious. Baked in the healthiest crispy coating you can imagine, these are heavenly. I picked these green beans from our garden, preheated the oven to 425, snipped their ends, and threw them in a bowl with:
- Avocado Oil: Our go-to oil. Nutritious and tasty, this oil can be used cold over salads, in baking, and can withstand very high temperatures (up to 500 degrees F) before reaching it’s smoke point. Great to have on hand for sautéing, roasting, baking, and grilling.
- Flax Meal: Buying whole flax seeds and grinding them as you need them (coffee or spice grinders work great) really extends the shelf life of these super foods. Pre-ground flax meal from the store can go rancid in a few months, even in the fridge. Buying whole seeds can double or triple that time. Flax is very high in much needed omega 3 fatty acids (good for heart health), lignans (loads of antioxidants), and fiber (great for digestive health). Unlike flax oil, which cannot be heated at all, flax seeds or flax meal can heated to fairly high temps (up to 660 degrees F) without degrading the nutrition at all.
- Salt and Pepper.
Yep, that’s it! They are naturally vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free. They are delicious by themselves or with your favorite condiment or dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Super Flax Green Bean Fries:
Serves 2-4 Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 10-15 minutes
1 lb fresh green beans, ends snipped
3 Tbsp flax meal
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp avocado oil (or other high heat oil)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss green beans with all ingredients in medium bowl until coated well.
- Spread into an even layer on metal baking sheet, bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Prepare dipping condiment of choice and enjoy!
[Photo credit: Renee Press]
Interested in more content like this? Get social with us: