The Communications Assistant & Designer is part of an interdisciplinary Leadership Team at 8 Limbs. Bringing a passion for effective design and marketing, this person is responsible for running our Design Department and assisting with marketing and communications. This includes ensuring brand integrity throughout all aspects of 8 Limbs Yoga Centers.
Location: 8 Limbs Capitol Hill
Hours: 20 hours per week (additional hours may be available during peak marketing times)
Schedule: Generally, between the hours of 9am and 6pm M-F, occasional evenings and weekends.
Reports to: Director of Programming
Compensation & Benefits: $18-22/hr (DOE); full membership at 8 Limbs; 30% discount on clothing & 20% discount off merchandise; 1 week paid vacation after 6 months (2 weeks after 1 year)
• Minimum 1 year commitment
• Strong organizational, marketing and project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Ability to problem solve, take initiative and meet deadlines
• Works effectively within a team as well as independently
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud as well as Mac OSX
• Excellent design and production skills
• Skillful in social media strategies and platforms
• Ability to receive and integrate direct feedback
• Familiar with yoga & wellness industry, 8 Limbs and our key offerings, and retail
• Knowledge of WordPress, Constant Contact, and web design
• Skilled in copywriting and editing
• Current Yoga Practice
• Experience in branding
Summary of Responsibilities
The Designer & Marketing Assistant has five primary areas of responsibility:
• Brand Identity: ensure brand integrity throughout marketing, messaging and visual expression of 8 Limbs; maintain data backup systems, branding book and marketing archives; and educate staff about the 8 Limbs brand.
• Production & Design: design flyers, brochures, signage, and print ads; provide design support to Buyer on 8 Limbs branded merchandise; and create promotional kits for community partnerships, special events, programs and distribution.
• Marketing & Promotions: maintain production, promotions and advertising schedules; manage production and distribution of marketing materials and studio forms; cultivate positive relationships with ad reps; coordinate email lists, blasts and e-newsletters; and track and maintain Communications budget.
•Social Media: provide timely updates to the website, Twitter, Facebook and other social media outlets; coordinate email blasts and e-newsletters; research emerging social media and marketing platforms; and assist with Social Media strategies.
•Leadership: participate as an active member of the 8 Limbs Leadership Team.
Interested applicants should submit the following three documents to email@example.com: cover letter (as a pdf); resume (as a pdf); portfolio of marketing campaigns/collateral (on-line preferred.) Write “Communications” in the subject line. Initial screening of applicants will be based on the quality, breadth and relevancy of submissions. We will only contact candidates that we wish to schedule an interview with. No phone calls please.
|Job Category||Yoga Studio Staff|
|Contact Person||Anne-Phyfe Palmer|