What You’ll Be Doing?
As a Kids Yoga Instructor you’ll spend a couple hours in the afternoon impacting the lives of the children. Class agendas incorporate activities that:
1) Enhance focus by way of centering techniques and attention-building activities.
2) Bolster body and spatial awareness through movement, poses and games.
3) Cultivate mindfulness such as community, compassion and empathy through quiet time/meditation, art and stories.
Who Are You?
• 2+ years experience working with 6 – 10 year olds in an elementary, in-home daycare or childcare center environment.
• Reliable transportation and a valid WA drivers license with insurance.
• Kids Yoga Continuing Education from Registered Yoga Alliance Child Training is preferred.
• Current CPR certification.
• Personal liability insurance with coverage up to 1M/2M.
• Pass Background check and all other Seattle Public School Volunteer Activity Instructor requirements.
• Be physically able to lift 20 pounds (supplies, mats, etc) and have no physical restrictions teaching kids yoga.
• ECE background-either an AA, BA, or CDA – is preferred.
• MUST be reliable and dependable, references are required.
• Loves kids!
• This job would be perfect for someone with a flexible schedule that’s looking an afternoon(s) during the week.
You thrive on the energy of children! You are ready to jump in, lead activities and have an aptitude for learning new ways to work with kids. You have an interest in creating and delivering quality programing, can build an agenda that creates a sense of inclusion and belonging with the groups with which you work and adapt your plans as needed. You are comfortable with individual and groups of children and can compassionately + mindfully be in charge of a group of 12max youth. You adhere to school protocol, talk to and partner with parents and other adults and lead by example in following school rules. You are always stepping up to offer support at the first sign it’s needed.
Who is Fueled By Yoga?
Fueled By Yoga provides enrichment classes to kids grades K – 5th. Through play, yoga and mindfulness techniques, we foster children’s calming + coping skills, bolster balance + body awareness and foster self-expression, compassion and community in fun, creative and engaging ways.
Where + When You’ll Work?
Fueled By Yoga is looking for teachers to cover Seattle locations. This job will require you to travel to the various locations for classes ranging from 60 – 90min. between the hours of 2p – 4:00p Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and 1p – 3p or 2p – 4:00p on Wednesdays. We are looking for individuals who can commit to 1-3 afternoons for a 10-13week contract that you are hired
How to Apply?
Email your resume, a cover letter explaining your qualifications for this position, and 3 professional references related to childcare for consideration.
Compensation – based on experience.