- Do you consider yourself a leader?
- Are you an experienced yoga teacher looking for a way to get more involved, beyond teaching classes, privates, and workshops?
- Do you desire to up your game by being part of a Professional Team?
- Are you 200hr Yoga Alliance Certified and been teaching for a minimum of 2 years?
- Do you enjoy having a flexible, rolling schedule that includes working some weekends?
- Does being part of a community and building strong relationships excite you?
- Are you excited about receiving feedback to grow personally and professionally?
- Do you enjoy hiring, training and providing ongoing coaching?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy contributing to the community’s overall health and wellbeing?
If you said Yes to All of the above questions, then keep on reading! Becoming a Lead Teacher with Yoga Six could be the best next step in your career.
Setting the Ultimate Example
Taking the seat of a Lead Teacher carries with it much joy as well as much responsibility. Dedication to your own journey and a commitment to personal growth and inner transformation is the foundation, for you can only guide another as far along the path as you have come yourself.
Qualities of Great Leaders & Teachers
- The ability to create connection
- Knowledge of the techniques and material
- The ability to communicate and the willingness to be in conversation
- Being objective in judgment
- Being a gate keeper of the space
- Willingness to grow and remain a student forever
- Permission to not know, to be the beginner, to be a learner
- A sense of humor
- Dropping grandiose expectations and honoring our personal and professional evolution
- Being willing to tune in to our needs and the needs of our team members
- Leading from a place of rich personal experience
About the Role
Our Lead Teachers support the General Manager and Department of Education by providing programming expertise, onboarding help, and continued coaching for the teaching roster of the region. Onboarding help includes reviewing submitted sequences, auditioning teachers for format sign offs, providing feedback and coaching to teachers exploring new formats, and leading format trainings.
This is a part-time position, and compensated based on time spent or task completed. Average estimated time commitment of approximately 3-6 hours per week.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Have a consistent presence teaching and practicing at a particular location or market
- Signed off on all 6 core class types.
- Teach a minimum of 5-8 yoga classes (minimum of 4 different formats) in studio per week.
- Responsible for recruiting, auditioning, hiring, coaching and developing teachers
- Have strong understanding of Yoga Six core formats, as well as distinguishing features between formats.
- Ability to review sequences submitted for non-set formats (Y6 101, Y6 Slow Flow, Y6 Stretch, Y6 Power, Y6 Sculpt & Flow) and provide feedback to teacher, General Manager and Department of Education (if requested)
- Responsible for auditioning teachers for various class formats, as well as auditing existing teachers’ classes in various class formats for continued support
- Coach teachers in a supportive, empowering way by illuminating areas of growth and acknowledging areas of skill
- Submit audition evaluation form for each teacher to studio manager
- Lead in-house format trainings (which include a full class experience) for training purposes
- Certified Teacher and currently teaching at Yoga Six
- Minimum 200hr Certified Yoga Teacher (500 hr Certified Teacher preferred)
- Minimum 3 years teaching experience (E-RYT status preferred)
- Yoga Management experience preferred
- Interest in evolving skills as a teacher and knowledge of various styles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience coaching and developing staff and effectively resolving personnel issues
- Organizational skills/ High attention to detail
- Computer savvy; Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, online databases
Compensation includes an hourly rate for administrative duties, as well as a per-project rate for specific tasks, such as scouting teachers, auditioning teachers, reviewing sequences, leading class format trainings, and taking classes to offer feedback.
- Yoga Six Ambassador for Community Events (Teacher, Contributor)
- Lead by example, consistently perform all tasks at the highest level
- Uplift all Team Members by giving them the tools to succeed
- Adhere to Yoga Six Core Values and uphold the Core Values with all Team Members
- Be able to step in as an authority-figure in the studio as needed when the General Manager is not available.
A few more details…
- Technical ability to support and coach teachers in order to ensure growth and refinement of technique
- Proficient with Microsoft Office required, Mind Body Online preferred
- Embrace change and adapt well to a fast-changing environment
- Desire to learn, grow, and be coached
- No relocation offered.
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Lead Teacher to have written approval for all tasks, and to invoice for work completed.
- Lead Teacher reports to General Manager, with support and training coming from the Director of Education.
|Job Category||Yoga Instructor|