Yoga Teacher for Vinyasa-Based Heated Yoga & Sculpt Studio West Seattle
Y6 Sculpt & Flow
Leave your shoes at the door and everything else on the floor. Y6 Sculpt & Flow classes are the perfect blend of yoga and weight training in a warm room. A dynamic yoga warm-up will get your heart-rate up and muscles warm, before you dive into an intense, cross training workout that uses dumbbells, bands and body weight exercises to challenge muscular strength, endurance, and cardiovascular thresholds. Then cool down with some juicy yoga stretches to leave you in a puddle on the mat. Y6 Sculpt & Flow is the best of both worlds —a total body workout plus a killer yoga vibe. Expect a fun playlist and loud, high energy music throughout.
YogaSix West Seattle is looking for dedicated teachers that want to grow and take their teaching to the next level, and have the desire to join an amazing tribe of teachers that is changing lives. We are seeking warm, outgoing, engaging team members who thrive in a community environment and are committed to guiding classes that are empowering, energizing, and FUN. Teachers are hired as employees (not independent contractors) as we invest in your development and growth.
Qualities of Great YogaSix Teachers:
- The ability to create connection
- Knowledge of the techniques and material
- The ability to communicate and the willingness to be in conversation
- Being a gate keeper of the space
- Being willing to tune in to our needs and the needs of our team members
- Leading from a place of rich personal experience
- Committed to always remain a student themselves, eager for growth, coaching, and continued development
- Arrive to studio a minimum of 15-30 minutes prior to class start time
- Create a personal connection with each student
- Create a class experience that shows your personality and skills while adhering to the Yoga Six standards and guidelines for each of the six core class types
- Set up class room appropriately: Props, Mat Spacing, Music, Lighting
- Provide top notch class instruction
- Follow up with students after class
- Clean studio space
- Build community and connection
- Outgoing personality with a strong desire to provide exceptional client service
- Genuine ability to connect with complete strangers on a personal level
- Willingness to grow and remain a student forever
- A sense of humor
- Demonstrate the ability to teach a safe, fun, and creative class with a genuine interest in student success, whether novice or seasoned practitioner
- Minimum 200 hour Yoga Alliance Certification
- 1+ years teaching experience preferred
- Current CPR Certification
Screened candidates will be invited to attend a preliminary audition.
Compensation: Class rate varies on experience/ability/formats.
|Job Category||Yoga Instructor|