A CorePower Yoga (CPY) Instructor delivers an extraordinary experience. The instructor provides this experience through a welcoming front desk check-in process, guiding students through a CPY-defined class, and supporting each individual student to live their power.
The CPY instructor cultivates supportive relationships by making themselves accessible and approachable, ensuring student safety, and embodying the CPY Core Values at all times.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide yoga instruction by teaching CorePower Yoga classes, adhering to the CPY 5
- Educate students on correct alignment while providing modifications for postures during their yoga practice as appropriate for their success, challenge, and safety.
Be knowledgeable about and adhere to the CPY guidelines on verbal and physical, stabilizing assists
- Adhere to CPY 5 connect and reconnect expectations to encourage continued class attendance and support students’ growth
- Adhere to the CPY attendance policy which includes that teachers are present at the studio 30 minutes prior and 30 minutes after their class instruction
- Comply with the CPY Class Planning Protocol. All class preparation and planning must be done within the studio premises during the 30 minutes before or after class, or during a scheduled CPY5 class planning session
- Understand and efficiently navigate MindBody Online (MBO) software to sign students in and process other front desk transactions
- At all times, be respectful and compliant with corporate rules, policies, and procedures in addition to management direction, as stated in the Employee Handbook
Education, Skills & Qualifications
- Certificate of completion from a Yoga Alliance certified 200-hour teacher training program required
- Current CPR / AED certification required
- High School diploma required
- Must be 18 years or older
- A passion for yoga
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Professionalism and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead students in physical activity for a maximum 1.5 hours at a time
- Ability to withstand exposure to heated classroom for the duration of class
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Minimum of 2 permanent classes per week is required
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, we reserve the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed.
CorePower Yoga is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities.
Live your power by joining us in helping others live theirs. Other details
- Job Family Non-Primary
- Pay Type Hourly
|Job Category||Yoga Instructor|