Thank you for your interest. Our mission at ZUM Fitness is to inspire our community to succeed and thrive in their health, fitness, and well-being. Our yoga program is an invaluable and extremely important component in achieving this mission.
We are looking for yoga teachers that are adaptable, responsive, and dependable.
The yoga classes at ZUM Fitness offer more than the physical benefits that anybody can get by following a podcast at home. They also offer the stress-reducing benefits of focusing on breath work, intentionality, and directing attention. We are looking for teachers who integrate these techniques into their classes.
The pay scale begins at $35 a class with a bonus structure that rewards consistent attendance. This base rate will increase with consistently high attendance and an attitude that reflects our Core Values (see below).
- Presence –A presence that commands attention. The ability to inspire, make participants feel at ease and welcome, and make participants want to practice yoga even when they’re not feeling energetic. The ability to help participants forget about what stresses them.
- Knowledge – Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, philosophy and of all the 8 limbs of yoga.
- Responsible – Show up for class ahead of time. Take responsibility to always find a sub for your class when you cannot instruct. Take accurate attendance for each class. Communicate promptly with the management team when needed.
- Versatility – The confidence to be adaptable to the needs of the class. Able to identify participants’ needs or abilities and adjust on the fly. To respond without compromising the class theme – to be able to adjust by going with more flow, alignment detail, or teaching yoga philosophy, depending on what the class requires.
- Warmth – Cares about the experience of the participants, particularly during their first interaction. Greets people with a warm smile and welcoming attitude.
- RYT200 preferred
- 1 year of instruction experience
- Free Club membership for the instructor
- A plus-one Club membership for a significant other for regularly scheduled instructors
|Job Category||Yoga Instructor|