The Yoga Programming Coordinator is an administrative and supporting role within the Programming & Education Department at 8 Limbs Yoga Centers and involves planning, organizing, scheduling, and promoting in-studio and on-line classes, workshops, teacher training, private sessions, and offsite events.
This role provides administrative support to the Director of Programming and Education and works collaboratively with teachers and studio operations to market and deliver high quality, participant-focused classes, and events.
If you are enthusiastic, social media savvy, and a highly organized team player who can work across generations and cultures and coordinate within cross-functional teams, then join us in delivering high-quality yoga and fitness offerings to Seattle and the online world beyond!
About 8 Limbs Yoga Centers
Our mission at 8 Limbs Yoga Centers is to create a supportive, inclusive, and non-competitive atmosphere in which yoga practitioners can learn and grow.
8 Limbs Yoga Centers is family of four neighborhood yoga studios in the Seattle area. We offer in-person, livestream, and on-demand Hatha & Vinyasa yoga classes, private sessions, workshops, retreats, and 200 & 500-hour teacher training curricula.
Location: Primarily at our Capitol location, other studios and off-site venues as required
Hours: Up to 30 hours per week. Typical hours are M-F 9-6 (exact times to be set by the Dir. of Programming & Education). May include early mornings, evenings, or weekends.
Reports to: Director of Programming & Education
Compensation: $20-$24 per hour DOE
Benefits: Paid Time-Off, discounts on yoga & retail, wellness stipend
- Classes, Training & Events
- Assist the Dir. of Education & Programming to plan, schedule, and support in-studio and online classes, workshops, and training events.
- Teacher Support & Communication
- Teacher liaison and support.
Student Support & Communication
Inform, communicate with, and support applicants, students and participants regarding registration, scheduling, pricing & payments, cancellations, and policies for in-studio and online classes, workshops, and training events.
Marketing & Social Media
Coordinate 8 Limbs Yoga Centers’ marketing & social media efforts to promote all programming and events.
General Administrative Support
Handle all department related documentation, agency compliance, schedules, contact lists, registration and payment tracking, and paper and digital record-keeping.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English with a high degree of verbal and written communication skills
- Office administration, communication, and event planning
- Proficiency in MSFT Office, Google Suite, Adobe Acrobat, design & productivity tools
- Social media marketing & engagement
- Marketing & ad copy creation is a plus
- Outside sales experience is a plus
- Expense & budget management
- A personal yoga practice (familiarity and experience in the yoga industry is a plus)
- Ability to travel independently between studios and to offsite events
- Must pass a criminal background check, driving history, and must have a current driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Passionate about providing exceptional experiences for yoga students and teachers
- Excited to work with a team of yoga teachers and operations staff
- Detail-oriented with excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks
- Able to work independently, take initiative and problem solve
Please submit a cover letter and resume (in pdf format) to Anne Phyfe Palmer email@example.com with “Yoga Programming Coordinator Application” in the subject field. Only candidates we wish to schedule an interview with will be contacted.
Position open until filled.
|Job Category||Yoga Studio Staff|