After you get a good yoga session in, it’s important to remember to replenish your body.
Here are five of our favorite snacks to eat or drink after yoga:
– Nuts and dried fruit: Nuts give you protein and dried fruit is a quick way to replenish carbs. Almonds and raisins are a personal favorite.
– Coconut water or a fresh juice: These post-workout drinks will give you all of the hydration and flavor as a sports drink, without all of the added sugar.
– Greek yogurt or cottage cheese: These delicious dairy snacks are high in protein and portable. Mix in some fresh fruit for added flavor and nutrition.
– Apples and peanut butter: This classic gives you a lot of healthy fats. You might not know, apple skins contain a lot of quercetin, which reduces plaque buildup and hypertension and increases energy and endurance.
– If you’re ready for a full meal after yoga, consider preparing salmon and sweet potatoes: These super foods, packed with omega-3s and healthy vitamins pack a serious punch when combined as a meal.
Interested in more content like this? Get social with us:
- I Attended a Retreat at Yasodhara Ashram in BC, This Is What It Was Like! - Nov 18, 2018
- Balance isn’t a straight line! - Dec 10, 2015
- Pasta Liguria: It’s all about the base - Aug 3, 2015