It’s important to express gratitude – all the time. Gratitude enables us to bring to light and appreciate how full our lives are.
We’ve curated a list of Thanksgiving Yoga Events for you to give back and express gratitude on the mat. Check out these awesome studios and let us know in the comments what you’re most thankful for TODAY!
#1 Eka Yoga in Queen Anne
Start your Thanksgiving Day off with some peace, balance, gratitude, and perhaps a few extra twists in our very special Thanksgiving day yoga class. This class is designed for all levels of practitioners, so don’t miss out and don’t forget to invite Uncle Frank! Turkeyasana is optional.
Cost: There is no additional cost for this class if you are already an Eka Yoga member or have a class package. All drop-in’s are $20.
#2 Gratitude in Motion benefiting Yoga Behind Bars
Here is a list of studios participating in this year’s Gratitude in Motion campaign. Please join a nearby studio and help raise $20,000 to benefit Yoga Behind Bars!
- Om Culture GIM Kick-Off 11/5 12:30-4pm Terilyn Wyre
- Urban Yoga Spa 11/7 5:30-6:30pm Megan Kountz
- Seattle Yoga Arts 11/22 12-1pm Greta Hill
- Be Yoga Burien 11/23 7:45-8:45pm Heidi Syvrud
- Be Luminous 11/24 8:30-10:30am Sean O’Connor
- Grinning Yogi 11/24 9:00-10:30am Tara Dyberg
- Shakti Vinyasa Yoga East (Bellevue) 11/24 9:30-11:00am
- Shakti Vinyasa Yoga (Ballard) 11/24 9:30-11:00am Zak Endicott
- Samdhana Karana Yoga 11/24 10:00-11:30am Kandi Hughes
- Shefayoga 11/24 10:45-12pm Leah Zaccaria
- Seattle Yoga Arts 11/27 7:45-9:00pm Nicole Bratt
- Bikram Yoga Vashon 11/22 6:30-8pm Heidi Syvrud. Class held at Spoke 9923 SW 178th St, Vashon Island, 98070
#3 Day After Thanksgiving Work-Off with Theresa Elliott
On Friday, November 25th from 9:30am – 12:00pm at Taj Yoga, skip Black Friday and the mall beckons. How about a little pro-active stress relief before you go? Move through Thursday’s turkey, mashed potatoes and tofu with grace and dignity, and have an internal moment or two before braving the holiday season. All levels welcome.
Cost: $35. Preregistration required by November 23rd. Register here.
#4 8 Limbs Yoga Thanksgiving Day Benefit Yoga with Tai Hubbert
Please join me on Thanksgiving morning for a benefit class at 8 Limbs in West Seattle! Our time together will begin with a tale from yogic mythology about Lakshmi (Shri), the goddess of prosperity and the divine strength of Vishnu (the “preserver” in the Hindu Trimurti). We will reflect on what it means to savor the gift of embodiment and the gifts bestowed upon us, and then move our bodies in a juicy asana sequence that will leave you feeling anchored in the heart of presence with greater capacity to savor the blessings of the day, and of your life.
All proceeds will benefit Street Yoga – an organization that helps youth overcome suffering and cope with trauma through yoga and mindfulness. http://streetyoga.org/
Cost: Suggested donation is $20 but any and all donations are appreciated!
#5 All Request Yoga Class with Nancey Cohen on Thanksgiving Day
Whether you find the holidays a joyous or not-so-joyous season, the emotional, physical and mental challenges that come with this time of year can send our anxiety and stress levels through the roof.
Take some time out of your Thanksgiving morning and join us for an all request moderate level yoga class.
Cost is sliding scale, and the range is between $10 and $25. To pre-register, send PM to Nancey Cohen Yoga Lmp or email email@example.com.
Location: Wise Orchid Taijiquan & QiGong
#6 Thanksgiving Benefit Classes at 8 Limbs Yoga Centers
Street Yoga is honored to be chosen by 8 Limbs Yoga Centers as their community giving partner for 2016! This year on Thanksgiving (November 24th), all four 8 Limbs yoga studios will be hosting a donation-based class supporting Street Yoga programs.
- Capitol Hill 10am-11:30 am All Levels Flow with Donte
- Phinney Ridge 11am-12:30pm All Levels with Chiara
- Wedgwood 9:30am-11am All Levels Flow with Maritza
- West Seattle 9am-10:30am All Levels Flow with Tai
All classes are by donation – in cash or a check made out to Street Yoga. Suggested donation is $20 but any and all donations are appreciated!
Learn more about the thanksgiving classes here:
# 7 “Practice of Gratitude” at Yogabliss in Mercer Island
Join Yogabliss on Thanksgiving Day for five donation-based classes. This is a fun day to get together on our mats, support Mercer Island Youth & Family Services and give back!
Suggested Donation: $25 minimum per person
These classes fill up quickly – pre-register and reserve your spot!
- 8:00-9:05am Hot Fusion with Carla Hassell
- 8:30-9:35am Power Vinyasa with Hannah Losser
- 9:30-10:35am Hot Fusion with Sherah Brisbois
- 10:00-11:05am Vinyasa with Rachel Lowe – live music by Jean Mann
- 11:30-12:30pm BlissBarre with Casey Brown
#8 Yoga Ceremony at Kula Movement in Ballard, Wash.
Angela & Jill are co-teaching a yoga ceremony on Thursday, 11/24, 9:30am-10:45am at Kula Movement in Ballard! Come join them for a Forrest Yoga class to show your gratitude.
Interested in more content like this? Get social with us:
Published on Nov 10, 2016