With the Seattle sun finally pouring through my windows, the last thing I want to do is turn on my oven! This Coconut Chia Pudding is my favorite make-ahead snack. The pudding is smooth and creamy with layers of Chocolate Tahini adding a nutty-chocolatey decadence! It’s perfect for breakfast, as a pick-me-up in between teaching classes, or to soothe a sweet tooth at night. It stores well in air-tight containers and is great on-the-go. Besides being totally low-maintenance, it’s also vegan, raw, filling and delicious! Enjoy!
Coconut Chia Pudding:
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 cup of Organic Coconut Milk (I prefer Thai Kitchen brand and recommend the full fat version, and not the lite).
- 2/3 cup of Chia Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tablespoon of Maple Syrup (Add more for desired sweetness.)
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Fruit (Your choice! I used fresh Strawberries topped with some mint leaves. Raspberries are also great!)
Chocolate Tahini Sauce:
- 3/4 cup of Tahini
- 2-3 tablespoons of Madhava Organic Agave Syrup
- 2 teaspoons of Organic Cocoa Powder
- Sea Salt
Pudding: Begin with the pudding, whisking the milk and chia seeds together in a medium sized bowl. Add the vanilla, maple syrup and salt and continue mixing. Additional Maple Syrup can be added for desired sweetness.
Cover bowl or pour into an airtight container and place in refrigerator. Refrigerate overnight (or at least 25 minutes).
Sauce: To make the sauce, begin by giving the tahini a nice stir so it is well blended with no oil resting on top. Measure out the tahini and pour into a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and whisk with fork. Once combined, add 2 tablespoons of agave syrup continuing to stir. Add a pinch of salt. Give it a taste and continue to add the additional tablespoon of agave syrup until you’ve reached your desired sweetness. A few more pinches of salt can be added if needed. Cover, set aside, or store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Combine: Once the pudding has set, choose your favorite serving bowl or jars and get creative! Layer scoops of coconut pudding with the chocolate tahini sauce. Top with fruit or whatever goodies you have on hand! I added cacao nibs and mojito mint from my garden for a little extra yumminess.
We’d love to follow your creations on social media. Use #cocochiapuddingSYN to be featured on our Instagram!
Interested in more content like this? Get social with us:
Join your Tribe by Subscribing to the Seattle Yoga Community Weekly Update.
- Vegan Recipes: Tomato, Avocado & Roasted Corn Summer Salad - Jun 16, 2016
- Vegan Recipes: Coco Chia Pudding - Jun 8, 2016