We’ve teamed up with our friends at Japa Mala Beads for a great giveaway sweepstakes. For two weeks our readers can have a chance to win a $100 Gift Certificate to Japa Mala Beads!
What are Mala Beads?
Mala beads are a string of beads used to count sacred mantras in the yogic and Buddhist traditions. Mala is a Sanskrit word meaning garland. Japa is a Sanskrit word meaning recitation or repetition. Japa meditation is performed while repeating a mantra, silently or aloud, and counted to 108 using a set of mala beads. This combination of chanting a mantra while counting with mala beads is a powerful way to keep one’s attention focused.
Mala beads are seen in many other cultures and religions but are called different names, such as prayer beads, rosary beads or worry beads. Over two-thirds of the world’s population employ some type of prayer beads as part of their spiritual practice.
About Japa Mala Beads:
Japa Mala Beads has been making and importing mala beads since 2004. Their unique malas are “designed by an artist and strung by a yogi.” Most of their beautiful mala beads are handmade in the USA. They use the strongest stringing materials available and have one of the best breakage guarantees in the business–108 days! All of their bracelet and necklace malas have suggested Sanskrit and Tibetan mantras listed. Using these mantras is optional, but further increases the potency of the japa practice.
Please take a moment to check out Japa Mala Bead’s website to see their entire lineup of mala beads made with semi-precious gemstones, hand-carved bone, rudraksha beads, sacred woods and hemp tassels. Follow them on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter to keep abreast their latest designs and receive special offers.
About the prize:
One winner will receive a $100 Gift Certificate to Japa Mala Beads. The certificate does not expire and can be used toward any in-stock items on their website, including mala beads, boxes, bags, bead stacks and alter sets. The winner will be randomly selected from all the valid entries received by the deadline.
Sunday November 12th 2017 at 23:59:59
WINNERS: Tamara G.
HOW TO ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY:
- This giveaway is open only to those who sign up on this page and who are 18 or older on the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter
- While we highly recommend following the steps above to enter. One may also enter by completing step 1 without subscribing to the weekly email update and not completing the remaining steps
- One may only enter this giveaway between the date this post is published online and the entry deadline specified above
- Only one entry per person is allowed
- Winner(s) are selected at random amongst all the valid entries received by Seattle Yoga News and are contacted via email and announced on this page
Good luck to everyone!