- This event has passed.
Yoga & backpacking retreat at Canyonlands in Utah
Oct 12, 2014| $1003
Emily Kasman and Hilary Paris are presenting an adventure of a lifetime with KAF Adventures. Gain a calm sense of self and a communion with nature by traveling through the heart of the Canyonlands. Southern Utah is a place where nature lays bare the long chronicle of time. The geological wonders abound in Canyon Lands. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore a majestic wilderness that is rarely visited by tourists: the White Canyon Complex.
The White Canyon Complex is a series of deep running gorges, narrow slot canyons and expansive tabletop country just north of Lake Powell. Jacob’s Chair, a large mesa that is identifiable for miles, anchors the White Canyon Complex.
Connect with the open landscape, challenge your fitness and normal daily patterns, reflect, relax, and find new space in your heart. Take a different type of vacation and return home with a greater appreciation for the beauty of the desert and the beauty of the Self.
9pm @ Up the Creek Campground
PO Box 10 210 East 300 South Moab, Utah 84532
(Transportation from KAF Adventures is available from Moab Airport to lodging and the day after the retreat)
Morning: gear review -last minute packing -goals and overview
Afternoon: 1:00pm drive to the trailhead and pack in
Evening: orientation -dinner -opening circle & practice
Days 3 – 5:
Morning: meditation & yoga practice – breakfast pack up camp and hike
Afternoon: hiking lunch – free time or hike! – yoga & yoga nidra practice
Evening: dinner – group discussions
Morning: pack camp – closing practice & circle ceremony – late breakfast – pack out – drive to campground in Moab – final group dinner
What will be provided?
- 6 nights, 5 days of majesty, scenery, relaxation and guided instruction
- Great healthy backcountry food
- All group equipment (shelter, cooking, maps, water purification, sanitation supplies)
- Twice daily yoga and meditation practice
- Transportation to and from the trailhead. We can also pick you up and drop you off from the airport in Moab, if arriving the day before and departing the day after the trip
- Lodging in Moab the first & last (optional) night Up the Creek Campground
- Help with logistical planning
- An unforgettable experience crafted to build backpacking skill, deepen your yoga practice and experience the Self in the purity and awe of nature
Emily Kasman, Hilary Paris, KAF Adventures, Utah Retreat, Utah Yoga Retreat, Yoga Retreat