Meditation Teacher Training at Blue Lotus Temple
Meditation Teacher Training is an Ananda Teacher Training (AYYT) level 2 – 55 hour accredited course.
Whether you train to teach meditation, or simply to deepen your understanding and experience of meditation, this power-packed course is for you! This in-depth study of the stages of meditation, the techniques and attitudes for focusing the mind, relaxing the body and calming the emotions, will give you valuable tools to assist others with their meditation.
This in-depth exploration of meditation includes practice and study of:
- 3-phases of meditation: relaxation, concentration, and expansion of awareness
- Core pranayams (breathing exercises), why and how to use them?
- The power of creative visualizations
- The effect and importance of chanting and mantra
- Art and science of observing the breath
- How to shift from “doing” to “being” in meditation
- What is the most important aspect of meditation?
- Eightfold path of meditation
- Quieting the mind
- Are beliefs necessary?
- Meditation for all reasons: from health to heaven!
- How to deal with the G-word?
- Review and practice of floor sitting and chair sitting positions
- Overcoming resistance, sleepiness, & other common challenges
- Art of interpreting meditative experiences
- How to awaken devotion?
- Counseling students
- Use of audio and visual aids in teaching
- How to lead a guided meditation
- Step by step meditation routines
- Places to teach
- Speaking techniques
- How to speak from inspiration
- How to teach meditation on Zoom
- Dealing with problem students
This course will be offered on 6 Saturdays in 2023: Sept 16, 30 and Oct 14 & 28 and Nov 4, 18 from 10:30a – 5:30p pacific time (9a – 5:30p for Yoga Alliance credit).
Students must enroll in the Institute for Living Yoga by payment of pay a one-time enrollment fee of $50 and a documentation fee of $45 for the Raja Yoga intensive.
Tuition $750 + Texts
Want to advertise a yoga event? Book it directly on our advertising page or Contact us with the details.