- This event has passed.
Teaching Safe Back Bends
Apr 5, 2019| $335
This module is designed for teachers who have already completed a 200-Hr yoga teacher training, and wish to accumulate 300 credits toward their 500-Hr certification. Or for the curious practitioner who simply wishes to deepen his or her knowledge of yoga.
This Backward Bending course will cover the following topics through lecture, discussion, and hands-on/verbal practice:
- 2.5-hour workshop that will provide tools and techniques on how to practice and teach backward bends safely and correctly
- Anatomy lecture and discussion with a physical therapist on muscular awareness and structural integrity in backward bends
- How to insert backward bends into a regular flow class in a way that is safe, energetically balanced, and accessible to your students
- How to construct a backward bending workshop that is appropriate for both beginner and advanced practitioners
- Study of the chakras that are energetically relevant to backward bends
- Teaching mindful awareness and inner peace through backward bending
- How to avoid the pitfalls of over-trying or attachment to asana
- Practice teaching backward bends
- Friday 4/5/19, 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Saturday 4/6/19, 11:30am – 4:00pm
- Sunday 4/7/19, 11:30am – 3:30pm
Price of this module: $335
Want to advertise a yoga event? Book it directly on our advertising page or Contact us with the details.