- This event has passed.
[Cancelled] Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Leah Adams
Sep 20, 2018| $944
Leah Adams and shefayoga bring you a yin training specifically created to fit into modern lifestyles.
Accessible for professionals, parents, and students who want to learn to teach but cannot make it to weekday training sessions or take time off for a yoga training, this program takes place on three select weekends, allowing students to keep their weekly work and life schedule and still obtain an in-depth, comprehensive yin training.
The program covers everything in our 50-hour Yin training:
- Techniques, Training & Practice: Key poses of yin for legs and torso (benefits, considerations & cautions, body types, modifications, variations, sequencing). Weaving breath, meditation, mantra and mudra into a yin class.
- Teaching Methodology: Sequencing a yin class Supporting the body with and without props. The atmosphere of a yin class: pace, vocabulary, voice, and music. Teaching styles. Student learning styles. Supporting students with discomfort, injuries, illness, and pregnant women.
- Physical & Energetic Anatomy: Benefits of yin. Skeletal variation. Understand movements of major joints (hips, knees, ankles, spine, and shoulders). Exploring sensation (tension, compression, opening, edges, discomfort, pain). How to create your unique shape. Energy body â€“ Eastern and Western perspectives.
- Yoga Philosophy Lifestyle & Ethics: Origins of yin yoga. Difference and importance of yin and yang types of activity. Difference between Yin and Restorative Yoga. Applying foundational mindfulness practices to yin. Learning to listen. Art of relaxation.
- Practicum: As a student in this program, you will have many opportunities to practice teach, starting with individual poses and concepts, and working towards longer sequences as training progresses. If you are a registered teacher with the Yoga Alliance, this training can count towards 50 hours of CEUs. The robust manual provided has all the information needed for the course. It also includes additional resources (books, articles, videos) for those who wish to deepen their exploration of yin These weekends will be immersive and experiential, giving you a retreat-like experience to explore inner practice, learn about Yin, practice teach, and find inspiration.
- Program Fee: $944 (a $94 deposit reserves your spot!)
In addition to the training curriculum, this includes course materials, student record administration and private online community to stay connected and ask questions after training is done. Students also receive unlimited Yin Yoga at shefayoga during the training.
- Program Hours: 50 (45 contact, 5 homework)
Dates 2019 Sept 20, 21,22 Sept 27, 28, 29 Oct 4, 5, 6 Hours Fri- 7:30-10:30pm at hauteyoga Saturday 1:15-9:15pm shefayoga and hauteyoga Sunday 1:15-4:15pm hauteyoga.
About the instructor: Leah Adams
Leah is a passionate student of Ayurveda and is a certified Ayurvedic Health Counselor and has completed a NAMA (National Ayurvedic Medical Association) approved course of study. She incorporates this as well as Meditation, Chinese Medicine Meridian Theory, Western Science, and Nature into her teaching, bringing her love of yoga and her ever-growing knowledge of it to share with others. Leah teaches weekly classes to providers at Washington’s top Cancer Care Hospital, is serving as a faculty member for a CME (continuing medical education) course of Seattle’s Virginia Mason Hospital, and has also lead mindful yin classes at the University of Washington Mindfulness Project. In her classes, she encourages students to find a connection to their inner wisdom, healing, creativity, and joy. She believes that every choice, every day, in every way, can add restored vitality and mind-body balance into our lives. Through her study and practice of yoga and Ayurveda, across three continents she’s learned that living in alignment with nature is the ultimate form of self-care.
- Sep 20, 2018
- Event Category:
- Yoga Teacher Trainings